3: his past

'What's the matter mom?  What's bothering you ?'

'I want to tell you something.'

You nodded your head and you both sat on the couch.

'Y/n jungkook had a past.'

She said. You concentrated on what she was saying.

'There was a girl named riya. He loved her dearly. They both were in a relationship for 6yrs. She was his first in everything.'

She said making your eyebrows knit together.

She took a deep sigh before continuing

'He was 23 yrs old when she said she wants to marry him. However, I always got a bad vibes from her. I even tried to explain jungkook but he was so blinded by her love that he didn't realise her real intention.'

She paused making you anxious.

'She confessed to him that she wants to get married. Jungkook accepted. But on the engagement day she ran away with his money. Jungkook couldn't believe it. He was baffled. He searched for her and then he came to know that she was just using him for money. She was in a relationship before dating jungkook. Riya and her boyfriend planned this whole thing and she played with my sons emotions.'

'In all these 6yrs she used to spend his money a lot. Infact, she knew jungkooks bank details. She used so much of his money. But jungkook didn't bother to look at it. He loved her so much that he wasn't bothered when he came to know that there was so much money being debited from his account by riya. After her boyfriend built a company on his own with jungkooks money she left jungkook.'

She said making your jaw drop. How can someone be so selfish and greedy?

'W-what?'

'Yes honey. Jungkook wasn't like this before. He used to be a very shy and reserved person yet respectful. He used to smile before. But after she left jungkook couldn't take her betrayal, he even tried to kill him self. He went into depression. He recovered from depression but he is not recovered from the betrayal. He is not recovered from the heartbreak she caused.'

'Since then he has totally changed. He is not the same jungkook anymore. He indulges himself in the office work so much. He doesn't talk much unless it's necessary. He has become very distant and cold. My son is still suffering but he doesn't show it.'

She said crying. Your eyes also glistened hearing the story. How can one love and trust someone this much? Is love this powerful ? Is  love this fragile? You hugged her and she sobbed in your embrace.

'Honey I'm saying all this for you because I don't want to betray you by not telling you the truth before marriage '

You looked at her.

'Jungkook didn't wanted to marry you. In these four years we tried so much to bring back our jungkook but we failed. I have sent him to so many dates but the girls rejected him harshly calling him words. They didn't like his cold and rude behaviour. We almost lost our hope until we saw you. You are our hope now honey.'

She said sniffling.

'You are very different from others. I can feel that you can only change my son. We emotionally forced jungkook to marry you.'

She said making you shock. She held your hands in hers

'Y/n I m so sorry. I don't want you to bind in a relationship without telling you the whole truth that's why I came here to tell you the truth. I know I m being selfish and thinking only about my son but I can't help myself from being selfish. I can't see my son like this. I m afraid he might not feel the love in his life again. I am afraid he won't smile again. I don't want to die without seeing him happy again '

'You can cancel this marriage now if you want. We won't force you and we will understand if you will. We will take all the blame . No one will like to spend their life with a person like jungkook. I can understand honey if you are not willing to marry him. But please once think and understand jungkook too.'

She said wiping her tears and got up. You were frozen to your place still trying to process what's happening. She patted your hair and went out. After few minutes your parents entered.

'Dad.'

You said and hugged him. He patted your head.

'We know everything honey.'

Your mom said making you shock.

'What?'

'Yes y/n. Jungkooks parents said us everything that has happened with him before fixing this marriage.'

'Then why did you accept this proposal ?'

'Because we think you are the girl who will show him what true love is. We think you will show him what happiness is again. We think you will make him smile and alive.we believe in you y/n '

Your dad said making your eyes widened.

'Honey we know this is too much for you to take. You can cancel this marriage if you want. We won't be disappointed in you. We will support your decision. But think about jungkook before you take any decision.'

Your mom said caressing your arm. You took a deep breath and looked at them.

'Do you guys really think I can change him?'

'Yes y/n. We believe in you.'

They said with a wide smile. You nodded your head. Your parents went outside leaving you alone to think.

Time skip;

You were now standing infront of jungkook trying to read his eyes. He was wearing a black suit and his hair was partitioned to the side with his forehead exposed. He looked so handsome.

Yes you accepted to marry him

Yes you accepted to marry him. Why? Any one of you may ask.

I m not marrying him out of pity. After hearing his story I m really moved by his love. How can someone love a person so much?  Jungkook is not a bad person nor was at fault after you heard his story. Everyone deserves a chance. You met jungkook few times before this marriage and yes he was cold towards you but never he disrespected you. Somehow you liked him. You didn't love him. You just liked him. Maybe because of his looks and hot personality or maybe because you can understand him. You don't know the reason but somehow you think you can be happy with jungkook.

You want someone to love you the way jungkook loved riya. You wanted to change him. You wanted to show him love. You decided to make him smile again. You believe in your parents decision. And if they think jungkook is the right person for you then you are ready to spend the rest of your life with him.

So here you are now standing infront of him looking into his eyes trying to read them but they were just covered with darkness. He is not allowing you to enter through his darkness.

'I do.'

His words snapped you out of your thoughts.

'I do.'

You said smiling at him. A real smile.

Now it was time for the kiss. He leaned in and pecked your lips. There was no emotions in his kiss and touch. But you weren't hurt because you know the reason behind it.

'Mom I promise that I will try my best to make him happy again.'

You said while hugging mrs Jeon. She hugged you warmly and smiled with tears in her eyes.

'Don't force yourself y/n.'

She said making you nod your head.