Eleven

THEODORA||

THEODORA||

Marcel and I got back on campus. The noises of a ambulance filled our ears. We watched as our dear friend went in a ambulance. We got back in the car and followed them to the hospital, I didn't want her to be alone when she wakes up.

We got to the hospital. I went to the front desk. "How may I help you?" The woman questioned. "What room is Mila Florence in?" "Room 307." I thanked her and walked away. I called over one of the nurses that walked out of Mila's room. "Is she going to be ok?" "Are you a friend? Family?" "I'm a friend." "Well, I'm not sure yet, but I'll update you as soon as possible. What's your name?" "Theodora." She nodded and walked away.

Hours passed as Marcel and I waited. Nurses and Doctors walking in and out of the waiting room but nothing for Mila. "She's going to be fine Theodora." Marcel took my shaking hand into his own. "And what if she's not?" "She's a strong woman my love." "You're right." "Theodora?" One of the nurses called out.

"Yes?" "Mila's stable, for now." "Can I see her?" "I'm sorry, it's family only." "Fine, I want her moved to a different hospital." "Theodora, you can't make that call." "Ms. Hunter. You will dress me as Ms. Hunter," I said coldly. "I-I'm so-" "Like I said, move her to a different hospital." "Of course, Ms. Hunter."

We got to the next hospital an hour later.

"Ma'am." "Hi beautiful." I hugged my favorite nurse. "Is Hazel here?" "Yes, she's in her office." "Thank you." Marcel went with Mila, while I went to Hazel's office. "Hazel," I walked in her office and closed the door. "Ms. Hunter," she said sarcastically. "What can I do for you today?" "There's a patient here, Mila Florence. Take care of her for me, and give her anything she wants when she wakes up." "I will."

"I have some business to take care of, call me when she wakes up." "Of course."

*****

MARCEL||

I stayed with Mila while Theodora left to take care of something. Hazel walked in with her clipboard shortly after. "Marcel," she walked over to me and hugged me. "Hazel," I hugged her back. "She's going to be ok, right?" "Of course but can you tell me anything about that night?" "Theodora and I weren't home, and when we got back on campus, a ambulance was there." "Well by the looks of it she was drugged. Was she meeting with anyone?" "Not that I know of."

I looked over at Mila, I just want her to wake up. "She must mean a lot to the both of you." "You have no idea." "I'll check back in later." She left. I called Theodora. "It's not a good time my love." "I need a minute." "Fine." I heard a high-pitched scream over on her end. "What the hell are you doing?" "Don't ask me something that you already know the answer to."