Forty-Nine

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

Mila told me everything-

After she did, I let her help me. I asked her not to say anything while she did. She said I wouldn't forgive her but how could I not. This woman has a hold on me that I can't seem to shake.

I watched Mila closely as she wrapped my arm then moved on to clean the cuts on my chest. Even though the solution burned like hell, she was still trying to be gentle.

Mila would look up at me from time to time. I know she wanted to say something, but she was respecting what I wanted. "Mila." She hummed in response. "Were you really going to kill me?" I moved her hand away from my cut. She looked up at me. "No."

"Why?" I asked. "What do you mean?" "You've been protecting yourself this whole time, why let one person stop you?" She went back to cleaning the small cuts. "I did it for the same reasons I saved you that night after River sent a car to crash into you." "For what reasons? I need you to say it, Mila."

"What do you want me to say? That I care about you? You already know that. That night could've gone a lot worse, and you didn't even tell me what happened." I saw a tear fall down her face. I moved her hand once again and tilted her chin up to look at me.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry. Now that I know you know who did that to me, I think you can fill in those dots." Her hand moved down my chest. She stopped once she saw the scar on my abdomen. "I should've figured. I'm sorry, I'll make sure that he pays for everything he's done."

"I know you will but you're not alone in this anymore. I'm going to help you." "Vincent, I don't want you anywhere near him." "He wants me dead and instead of doing it himself he sent the one person I- Mila, you can't keep me out of this. This life is just as much mine as it is yours."

"Fine, but if you're going to help me, you have to wait for me to tell you what I want you to do, understand?" "Understood, that means you can't keep any more secrets from me, ok?" "Ok, but I have one last thing to tell you." She took a deep breath before she spoke again. "Athena is downstairs being tortured as we speak."

"I want to see her." Mila's eyes widened. "What?" "I want nothing to do with her but if this is the last time, I'm going to see her. I need her to know something." Mila nodded her head. "Put on a shirt and meet me downstairs." Before Mila walked away, I pulled her towards me.

"Vincent?" Her eyebrows furrowed. "Can I kiss you, Mila?" "You don't have to ask." I pulled her close to me and kissed her. For a moment it felt like the first time we kissed. The moment I knew she was never going to leave my life.