Thirty-Nine

MILA||

MILA||

"Mila?" "Imani, we have a problem."

"What's wrong? I left you for what, a few hours?" She chuckled. "Imani," I said with no amusement in my voice. "The person who I thought was watching me isn't," I said as I got in the car. "Merde(Shit)," she mumbled.

"Mila, you told me you would handle it. Handle it," her voice was stern and cold. "Imani-" "Vous êtes un assassin! Faites ce que vous faites de mieux pour les trouver et faites-leur souhaiter qu'ils n'aient jamais regardé dans votre direction!(You are an assassin! Do what you do best, find them and make them wish they never looked your way!)"

"Consider it done." "Ah, that's my girl."

*****

One week later....

"Kill him, he's useless," I looked at Theodora. She already had a knife to his throat. "W- Wait," he stuttered out. "I know something," he looked at me. "Then speak," I motioned for Theo to come over to me.

"She wants you to know, she's watching you, she's one of the best," he said quickly. I opened my hand for the knife, Theo gave it to me. I walked over to him. "You're stalling, aren't you?" I trailed the knife down his face, making sure to leave small cuts. "No one's coming for you. Even if they did, I'd make them watch me as I killed you."

"N- No I'm not. She'll kill you, you know this," he whispered the last part. I held the knife to his throat. "You can't tell me you haven't wondered why you're on all those missions with-" Before he uttered another word, I slit his throat.

"Mila!" Theodora pinched the bridge of her nose. "He was going to tell you." "He was stalling, he knew nothing. Just another dead end, I hate dead ends."

The only thing is, he wasn't a dead end-

*****

ENVY||

Vincent, Ace, and I were waiting for our mother to walk into her office. I know that she knows, and she's waiting for us to do something. She put her trust in us and yet we all have secrets. It's what this family does, there's nothing better than a really good lie.

She walked in with an amused look on her face. "My wonderful children," she walked over to her desk, she sat down and looked at all of us. She looked back at Vincent, her smile faded. "Speak," she demanded.

"Athena's back," Vincent spoke. "When?" "Three weeks ago," he replied. She chuckled lightly. "You waited this long to tell me?" "I'm sorry, mother," Vincent said lowly. They went back and forth, she questioned him, he answered everything. He truly knew nothing, we've heard nothing from Athena.

My phone started ringing, I looked down at it. It was Mila. I texted her that I couldn't talk right now. She replied telling me that she wants to see me. "Envy?" My mother looked at me. "Sorry, I have something to take care of," I got up. She nodded her head. "I'll be back later tonight."

I walked out.

*****

MILA||

Envy and I decided to meet up at a bar. I cleared it out to make sure that what we said wouldn't leave this place. She arrived a few minutes later. She looked stunning as she always does. "Mila," she smiled and sat down next to me. "What do you need?" She questioned.

"All of those missions that we've done together, why were you there?" I asked. "I had the same reaction to you being there, Mila." She moved closer to me. "Ask me what you really want to know, but I know you won't," she smiled. "And why is that?"

"Then you'll have to tell me something as well, but you're stalling. Knowing you whatever you wanted to know you know the answer. You're here because you want me to give you a different one, so I say again Mila. Ask me, don't waste my or your time," her voice was low yet demanding.

"This was a bad idea," I tried to get up. She placed her hand on my thigh. "Ask." She demanded. "Have you been keeping an eye on me?" I looked at her. Her hand was gripping my thigh slightly. "Why?"

I took a file out of my bag and gave it to her. It had information on the man that I killed earlier. "Is this supposed to mean something to me?" She took her hand off my thigh and looked through it. "Your men mean nothing to you?" I questioned. "I don't know him. I prefer to work alone, unless it's with you," she smirked. "Are you lying to me?"

She tossed the file to the side. "And why would I do something like that, Mila?" "Why wouldn't you?" She moved closer to me. "If I were watching you, you'd know it was me. You wouldn't have to question it, but I'm not watching you. Why would I? Are you someone that needs to be watched?"

"I think we're done here." I didn't realize how close we were. "I don't think so," she moved her hand to my waist. "Envy," I said lowly. She held eye contact with me. I could tell she wanted to do something, but she didn't want to act on it. "Maybe you're right," she mumbled and moved back.

I felt my heart racing. "Why do you keep on doing that?" "Doing what?" She raised an eyebrow. "Coming so close to me, talking to me in the ways that you do. Why?" She moved back, her hands gripped my sides tightly. She was dangerously close to kissing me and for a moment I wanted her to.

"Because you let me. I won't act on anything until I know that this is what you want," she kissed me lightly on the cheek and got up. "Call me if you need anything, Mila." I nodded my head and watched as she walked away.

*****

As soon as I got home, I got a text from River. He told me to look at what he sent me. I opened my laptop and clicked on the file.

"No, no!" I said out loud.

Nothing was going to prepare me for what just happened. I stared at my laptop, I read the file over and over. I felt tears running down my face as I looked at a file with Vincent Greyson's name on it.

River called me, I answered it. I held back my tears. "I took the time to find your target," I heard him chuckling. "This isn't right," I said lowly. "I tracked him back to all the places where my men were killed. This is a good thing, Mila. Even if it's not him, he's a problem. Think of it as a little bit of collateral damage. You told me you didn't care for him anymore, right?" I could feel him smiling.

"Yes," I tried to keep my voice calm. "Good, I don't care how you do it, just get it done. Understood?" "Yes," I ended the call.

I have a new target and it's Vincent-

***********

Hi My Beautiful Lil Tea Sluts ;)

Thank you all so much for 296K! I love all of you❤️

We're coming close towards the last few chapters of this book. Don't worry, not yet, but soon. You know I can't leave you guys yet❤️

Chapter thoughts?!

Kisses~ Muah~