Thirty-Six

ENVY||

ENVY||

I made my way back downstairs without anyone noticing. Security was now making their rounds and talking to everyone, I felt a hand go on my shoulder. "We need to go right now," Ace whispered.

"If we leave it's going to make things look suspicious," I looked at him. "And if we don't, we are going to die." "What the hell are you talking about?" I questioned. "Mom just sent us a warning, there's a bomb threat, Envy."

"Get Vincent and go. I need to do something first." "Envy, are you kidding me?" "I said go." "Don't get yourself killed," he walked off.

I need to warn her.

*****

MILA||

I watched as the security went from person to person. I felt a hand on my lower back. "Mila," Envy spoke. "Missed me already?" "Not one bit," she moved closer. "But I need you to leave with me, there's a problem," she whispered. "What's wrong?" Before she answered me, I got a text from Valerie, she told me to get out of there. "Shit," I said lowly.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I turned to her. "Don't worry about that," she took my hand. We walked downstairs and out of a hidden passageway. This would explain how she got into the office without me noticing. I stopped for a minute.

"Mila, we have to go." "I know, I know," I quickly took the ring off of my finger, dropping it and my burner phone on the floor, smashing them both. Envy took my hand again and continued to walk down the hallway.

The hallway divided into three parts, she stopped mumbling something in Italian. "Wasn't in the layout huh?" I chuckled lightly and went to the right. As we were walking, we both heard voices.

Fuck-

I took my gun out as we moved down the hallway. We reached the end of it without seeing anyone, we walked out the door. "That was easy-" My eyes widened as I saw two men with assault rifles. We didn't hesitate to shoot them but neither did they.

"Are you good?" I took a deep breath. "Mhm, come on." We got to the car. "Can you drive, Mila?" I nodded my head as she tossed me the keys, we got in. "Envy, are you sure you're ok?" I said as I drove off. "Yes, tesoro I'm fine." I looked over to her, she was holding her side.

"Envy?" I said lowly. "I'll be fine," she sighed. "What's your address, Envy?" I questioned. "Mila-" "I do owe you for taking care of me last time," I smiled. "Mila, don't even think about it." "You didn't take no for an answer, neither will I. Now give me the damn address."

*****

After we argued for about ten minutes, she gave me her address. The place was three hours away, but I took a few short cuts. "You're a pain in my ass, you know that?" She said as the car came to a stop. "As are you," I got out of the car and helped her walk to the house.

We went into the kitchen, she sat on the barstool. "Where's the-" "In the bottom cabinet to your left. You know you don't have to do this right?" I got the things out of the cabinet and walked over to her.

"I know, now stop being difficult," I motioned for her to take off her jacket and shirt. "I didn't know you had so many tattoos," I mumbled. "I can show you the rest of them if you want," she smirked. I cleared my throat and looked at the cut, luckily it was just a graze.

She grunted lowly as I started to clean it. "Are you ok?" I questioned. "Mhm," she leaned back slightly against the counter. "Why did you warn me, Envy?" She just looked at me without saying a word. I continued to clean her cut then I wrapped it once I was done.

"Thank you, Mila." "Mhm, I'm going to head out." Before I could walk away, she took my hand. "It's late, you should stay." "I can't." "I wasn't asking," she got up. "Stay, Mila." I looked up at her. "I'll take you home in the morning, ok?" I nodded my head.

*****

After I got cleaned up, I put on one of Envy's shirts, and sat down on her bed. This was a bad idea. I know for a fact that River is losing his mind, but I'll deal with that in the morning.

Envy walked in the room, her hair was wet, the  black silk robe that she had on was tied loosely around her. She walked over to me, she tilted my chin up so I could look at her. "I didn't even make sure that you weren't hurt," she said lowly. "I— I'm fine."

It felt like she was staring into my soul, looking for any hints of me lying. "I'm not lying to you, Envy," I said lowly. Her eyes slowly started to move down my body. "Good," she moved back. "Get some sleep, tesoro." She walked in the closet.

This woman is going to be the death of me-

*****

ENVY||

After I was done getting dressed, I walked out the closet. Mila was wrapped up in blankets. "Goodnight, Mila." I was about to walk out the room but- "Are you not staying?" She questioned. I sighed and walked over to her. "Move over."

She smiled and laid back against me. "Goodnight, Envy." I held her close and waited for her to fall asleep. As much as I love this, I know that I shouldn't. I sighed and got up slowly so I wouldn't wake her.

I went downstairs to get a drink. It was a bad idea telling her to stay but I rather her be here. As I was pouring my drink, I heard the doorbell ring. I walked over to the door and sighed. I opened the door.

"Vincent-"

***********

Hey my beautiful little tea sluts ;)

I feel your glares but I love you all so much🥲

Chapter thoughts?!

Kisses~ Muah~