Thirty

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

"Which is why in a few months from now, my husband and I will be renewing our vows. I love you Vincent, so much. Cheers everyone," Athena winked at me as she sipped her champagne.

Ace's hand went on my shoulder, his eyebrows furrowed. Envy whispering a low I'm sorry. For the rest of the night, I said my goodbyes with Athena on my arm, while she acted like she's the perfect wife....

I was pacing back and forth....

The night replayed in my head like a broken record. "Vincent, calm down," I stopped. I looked at Ace, my eyes narrowing. "Ace," Envy sighed. "Calm down?" I chuckled. "Calm down! How about you get thrown into an arranged marriage! Then you can tell me to calm down!" I yelled.

My doors opened. "Both of you out, leave me with your brother," my mother walked over to me. They both nodded their heads and walked out. She brought me into a tight hug.

"I didn't know he was going to do that, I'm so sorry," she cupped my face. "But it's all going to work out, he'll be dead before you renew your vows, I'll see to that," she said lowly. "What about the associates that are on dad's side? I don't want anything to happen."

She chuckled lightly. "They can all die with him if they want," she smiled. "I might have to call someone if it comes down to it." "Who?" "An old friend of mine," the smile on her face grew bigger. "Now go out, there's no need for you to stay in the estate." I nodded my head.

Right now, I needed the one person that always made me happy but she's not here. Even after everything that's happened, I still think about her. I hope she's ok....

*****

MILA||

I left with Dahlia after saying my goodbyes to Marcel. I barely slept that night. Theodora looked so disappointed. Yes, I want to kill River, I have no reason to keep him alive.

But not yet....

My mother sent me to Italy to keep me safe, but I've done nothing but get myself roped up into more trouble. She's the one person that I want to speak to right now but she's not here. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked out of the bathroom and sat on my bed and called Imani.

"Hey, is everything ok?" "Yes, but Imani, I need to talk to my mother." "Mila, I don't think that's a good idea. You two aren't supposed to be in contact with each other." "I know, but I miss her." She sighed. "If this gets me killed, I'm coming back for you," she texted me a number. I chuckled. "Thank you, Imani." "Mhm." She ended the call.

I called the number, it rang for a minute before she answered. "Это кто(Who is this)?" My mother spoke. "Привет мама(Hi mom)." "Mila," her voice was low. "I know we aren't supposed to talk, I'm sorry." "You have nothing to be sorry for, my dear. I should have called to make sure that you were ok. Even though, I know you and Imani have been calling each other." I chuckled.