Thirty-Two

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

"Vincent, I can't do this right now. You should go." She said again. I needed to tell her, I wanted to tell her everything. I want her to know why I can't walk away again.

"Mila I-" "Another time, please." She looked at me, I could tell that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I listened and I left.

Maybe right now wasn't a good time for her. I wish I knew that was going to be the last time that I saw her......

*****

It's been four months since I last saw her and yet I still think about her from time to time. I hope she's ok.

Maybe it's for the best.

Throughout this time, my father has insisted that I train so I can take over with Ace. It was four endless months of learning my father's ways and Envy kicking my ass. She's good at what she does, a little too good but I learned.

She's been helpful especially since I have less than three months before I have to renew my vows with Athena. In front of my family and both my mother and father's associates. They have all sent kind words and wished Athena and I the best. Except for the family on my mother's side, they all hate Athena's family, I never knew why before but now I know.

*****

"You're getting too comfortable," Ace stopped the punching bag. "Come at me," Ace stood in front of me. The door opened and Envy walked in. "You heard him," she leaned against the wall.

Envy watched as we fought, throwing punches after punches. Ace swerving like it meant nothing to him, I paid attention to the way how he moved and realized that he became comfortable. He was already analyzing me, paying attention to which hand I would use.

As soon as he moved, I punched him with my left hand, knocking him in his jaw. "Cazzo," he held his face. "You got too comfortable, Ace," Envy sighed and walked over to us.

"How are we going to take down a man like our father, when you two think it's ok to get comfortable. Go get ready, you both have a dinner to attend," she backed up. "You're not coming with us?" Ace sighed. "I'd rather not listen to Vincent's whiny bitch, and I have other things to attend to," she walked out.

*****

This is the sixth dinner that I had to attend with Athena, her parents and a few nosy associates. The only thing that has been keeping me sane is Ace, he's been keeping me company. Envy does as well but she can only deal with Athena's voice for so long.

If she's not here then she's with our mother, business as usual. This dinner feels like it's been going on for hours. The fake smiles and laughs, Athena telling everyone how much she loves me and how happy she is. Every single I love you that comes out of her mouth makes me sick.

She stopped talking to them to look at me. "You don't look like you're having fun?" She moved her hand over to mine. "Because I'm not," I took a sip of my drink and moved my hand. "Well, put a damn smile on your face and stop complaining or warm up to the idea of us being together," she smiled. "Vincent, we should get going," Ace got up.

"Leaving so soon, Ace. Why?" Athena looked at him. "We have business to attend to," Ace looked at me. I got up, Athena took my hand and stood up. "I'm serious, Vincent. You should really warm up to the idea of us being together. She's not coming back," she whispered in my ear. Those last words made my heart race.

"And yet she will always be better than you," I said lowly with a smile on face. Athena glared at me as I walked away off with Ace. Ace and I left the restaurant and got in the car, he signaled for the driver to drive off. "Mother texted me and told me that she's waiting for us with Envy."

"When did she get back from her trip?" I looked at him. "While we were at dinner, so a couple hours ago. It shouldn't be anything serious." "It's our mother we're talking about, it's always serious."

*****

We walked in our mother's office. Envy was sitting down and tapping her nails on the armrest of her chair, she looks stressed. Ace and I sat down. "How was your trip, mom?" Ace looked at her. "I would love to say good but then it would be a lie," she got up from her chair and walked around to the front of her desk, she leaned back against it.

"I went to visit a few people in New York. I wanted to move our business out there, but it looks like there's some trouble. Envy." Mother looked at her. "Mom sent me down there a few weeks ago to handle a couple targets but they were already dead before I got there."

"That's impossible, all of our information is sealed," I looked at Envy. "We could have a rat," Envy sat back in her chair and took a long sip of her drink. "Hm." My mother had an amused look on her face, if this was true, they're as good as dead.

"At least I can trust my children, right?" She looked at all of us. "Of course," we all said at the same time. "Good," she hummed lowly. "I know you three wouldn't do something like this, but don't ever betray me. I need your honesty if this little plan to take down your father is going to work. I need to know that all of you will be alive by the end of it. Which is why I'm sending you three to New York." Our eyes widened.

"Whoever is messing with our line of work needs to be taken out, I know you all have what it takes." We all nodded our heads. We didn't bother to put up a fight, her mind was already set.

"That is all, get some sleep. You're flying out first thing in the morning." We got up. "My children," she said lowly. We looked at her. "I know I don't say this often, but I love all of you." "We love you too, mom." We all smiled before we walked out.

We all went to Envy's room. "New York?" "It's not that bad, plus the house is beautiful down there," Envy sat down on her bed. "Not that bad? We're going in blind we have no idea who we're dealing with," I sighed.

"And they have no idea either. We're one of the best, we'll get the job done," Envy smiled. "She's right and you know it," Ace smiled. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

What could go wrong?

***********

Hey my beautiful lil tea sluts ;)

Ok, I know I've been gone for who knows how long but school is a pain in the ass. I haven't had time to do much writing, but I will try to update more. I love you guys😭❤️

Chapter thoughts?

Kisses~ Muah~