Twenty-Seven

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

Flipping through the pages in my book, I patiently waited with Ace in the living room for Envy to get home. It's 3am, the mission that she was put on wasn't that far, for her to be coming back around these times.

Ace looked stressed, but this wasn't about Envy. We've been trying to figure out a way to take our father down once and for all. Then maybe I can go back before it's too late.

I heard the door slightly creek open. The sound of heels clicking against the wooden floor. Ace and I cleared our throats as Envy walked past the living room. She sighed and walked in the living room.

"Really? Waiting for me to come home?" Envy's arms were crossed. "Why are you coming back home this late?" Ace questioned. "It's really none of your business," Envy replied. "Tell that to mom in a few hours," Ace chuckled lightly.

"Ace, how about you focus on whatever has your veins popping out on your forehead and Vincent." I felt her glaring at me. "Focus on your sorry excuse of a wife." "She's not-" "My wife? Those documents say otherwise, you should really take care of that," her voice was laced with fake sympathy.

She turned around and walked away.

*****

Mornings here were always the worst. Fake smiles, and small talk about things that we couldn't give a damn about. Now Athena and her parents are joining us, on our father's behalf. My mother would love nothing more than to send a knife fighting across the table.

Athena has been looking at me this whole time. Her small lip bites, and winks making my stomach turn. "May I be excused?" I spoke. "No, sit here and eat with your family," my father spoke. "Of course, you can son," my mother smiled.

My father was about to say something but a promising glare from my mother silenced him. I got up and walked away. Shortly after I heard heels following behind me. "Honey," Athena's voice echoed down the hallway. I stopped so I could get this conversation over with.

"What Athena?" I looked at her. "I was wondering if we could spend some time together?" Her biting her bottom lip says otherwise. "No," I said harshly. "But Vincent," her hand went down my arm, I slapped it away. "Athena, I will never touch you or look at you in the ways that I did. Never," I said bluntly.

"Is it because of her! She'll never make you happy, I will! You don't need her!" She yelled while throwing her arms up. "This is sad Athena, I don't love you anymore, and there's nothing you can do about it," I turned away from her and walked off.

*****

MILA||

I woke up wrapped in soft silk black sheets. The soft sense of White Oak and Pinewood filling the room. I would lay here forever, but I can't. I have to get back to River before he sends a squat team out to look for me.

When I got up, I felt a slight tingling on my left side. The wound doesn't hurt as much, thanks to Envy. I walked in the bathroom and took off Envy's shirt. I turned on the shower and waited for it to get hot before I stepped in.

My mind wandered to what would've happened if someone didn't call her last night. I stopped my thoughts and continued to wash off my body. After I was done, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom.

I didn't realize that clothes were left for me on the bed, a black crop top with a deep V neck cut along with black leggings. I put them on, the trust that I have with this top is amazing, my tits were practically ready to spill out of it. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and grabbed my shoes.

*****

Before I went back to River, I decided to stop at a mini cafe that was near his office. Everything was going well until I heard a harsh "Who are you!" behind me. I looked and saw Athena standing behind me. I took a sip of my coffee and turned around to look at her.

She looks like she's been crying by the way her eyeliner is running down her face. "Answer me!" She yelled. I smirked. "What's funny?" My smiling only made her more heated. My guess is, she's here because he told her yet again that he doesn't want anything to do with her.

"The fact that you're here," I sipped my coffee again. "W-What?" She stuttered. "Why are you here, Mrs. Greyson. Wait, I'm sorry, are you still a Mrs?" "Yes," she scoffed. "Then why are you here?" I raised an eyebrow. "To tell you to back off, he's mine!" "Clearly not if you're here and not with him." I chuckled lightly.

"It's your fault why I can't be happy with him!" I stood up. "You cheated on him, you left him first. It's not my fault that he didn't want to deal with a sorry excuse of a wife." "He loves me!" "You're delusional, he wants nothing to do with you. It's pretty sad actually," I chuckled. "Goodbye Mrs. Greyson," I said with a taunting tone as I walked off.

*****

VINCENT||

My mother called a meeting.

Envy, Ace and I patiently waited for her in her office. The doors opening and closing as she walked in and over to her desk. She sat down and looked at all of us.

"This meeting is more so for Envy but since you all love to keep secrets, I thought having all three of you here would suffice." We all looked at her confused as to what she meant. "What happened during the mission, Envy?" Our mothers graze turning towards her.

"I killed my targets, the rest was just collateral damage," Envy spoke. My mother laughed. "You call sending a warehouse up in flames 'collateral damage'." She turned her laptop towards us. We saw the warehouse going up in flames. "We said no explosives because of the people that were on standby, but you killed all of them," she grinned.

Mother knew this wasn't Envy's style, she's more of a slow killing type. "Was someone else with you?" She tapped her nails on the desk. "No," Envy hesitated. "Hm, ok. Good work, I'm proud of you," mother smiled. We all got up. "Ace, sit," she glared at him. He sat back down. "You two can go, but Envy?" She looked at her. "Ξέρω ότι ήσουν με κάποιον(I know you were with someone)."

***********

Hey my beautiful lil tea slxts ;)

Thank you so much for 89K 😭 I love you guys!

Chapter thoughts?

Kisses~ Muah~