Thirty-Five

MILA||

MILA||

I felt a coldness on my lower back.

"When are you going to stop getting in my way?" She said lowly. "You're going to have to kill me first," I turned towards her. "Go on," I smiled.

*Earlier*

"What's your plan, Mila?" Theo continued to drive. We've been driving for about two hours. "To find that little vixen of mine and then go to the event. If I don't find her, I'll just have to keep on killing her people until she feels like showing up," I smiled.

Valerie has lost many people and I don't mind adding to her list. I made her a promise that I would kill them all if she didn't leave me be, I intend on keeping my promise. "And where are we going exactly?" Theo questioned.

"To a little bar in the city. To my knowledge she loved that place a lot back when we used to speak. All I needed was one of her vixens to confirm it for me and they did." The car came to a stop. "Thank you, Theodora." "Anytime, call me if you need anything," she smiled. I got out of the car.

I walked into the bar. I looked around and was met with a small smile from Valerie, I walked over to her. There were two drinks already on the table. "Expecting me hm?" I sat down. "Yes, I was. My people told me that you would be on your way," she moved my drink closer to me.

"You're keeping good on your promise huh?" She sipped her drink. "You knew what you were getting yourself into the day you told me to leave Italy, so yes I'm making good on my promise." "What do you want, Mila?" "Hm, get the hell out of New York or you won't have any more people to protect you."

"I can't," she got up. "Sit down, I'm not done with you yet," I said through gritted teeth. "And what are you going to do if I don't?" "How are your parents doing, Valerie?" I questioned. Her eyes widened. "W— What?" "I see you made sure they were well taken care of before you left them. You didn't want them to be a part of what you were doing, such a good daughter."

"Mila, please..." "I said sit, didn't I?" She sat back down. "Why can't you leave?" I looked at her. "It's River, Mila. It's always him," she sighed. "Heh, what the hell did you do?" "Nothing, yet. He has something on me, but he hasn't asked me to do anything."

"Hm, when he does let me know," I got up. "Wait-" she grabbed my hand. "What?" "My parents...." "They will be fine. As long as you don't do anything stupid and for some reason, I feel like this won't be our last time seeing each other," I chuckled lightly. "Until next time, Valerie."

*****

After I left Valerie, River texted me to come to the office. "Why am I just finding out about this?" I walked into River's office and he was already pissed. "I need eyes and ears on them at all times! Do you hear me?" He looked at me. "I have to go." He ended the call and sighed.