Forty-Six

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

She left.

I woke up to Mila being gone. I guess this situation was a bit too much for her, I understand. I wish she would have said something before she left or just said she couldn't do this anymore when I asked her if she wanted to stay.

Maybe this is karma coming back to haunt me for leaving her. She didn't deserve that or anything that I've put her through for that matter. I just didn't want her to get hurt and now I don't have to worry about it. At least she'll be ok. A part of me will always want that goodbye or maybe she'll walk through that door any minute now.

"What are you thinking about?" Envy spoke. I didn't notice that Envy had walked in the room. "Mila left, Envy," I said lowly. I waited for Envy to say something, but she didn't. Knowing her, she's having her karma is a bitch isn't it moment.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Maybe she stepped out for a bit, she'll be back," she smiled. "I hope so."

*****

MILA||

I took the quickest way back to the estate. It was still early, and I don't think Vincent would have woken up yet. I walked in thinking everyone was asleep but to my surprise I was greeted with a hard glare from Envy.

"Where the hell did you go?" Her arms were crossed. She looked worried and pissed off at the same time. "I had something to take care of," I tried to walk past her, but she moved with me. "I didn't say I was done speaking to you, Mila."

"Would you rather Vincent wake up to me not being there, or scold me for leaving?" She mumbled something to herself in Italian. "He's already awake, good luck." She moved to the side, and I walked upstairs.

I walked in Vincent's room, he was sitting down on the couch with a drink in his hand. I walked over to him. "I thought you left," he said without looking at me. "I told you I wouldn't, I just stepped out for a bit," I stood in front of him and took the glass out of his hand.

"It's too early for you to be drinking," I placed it on the table next to him. "Where did you go, Mila?" He asked. I didn't say anything, it would just be another lie to add on top of the others. He sighed. "Why are you still here if you can't trust me?" He said harshly. "I want you here more than anything Mila, but I also want you to trust me."

"I do trust you, Vincent. Things are very complicated right now, I'm sorry." I went to sit next to him, but he got up. "When you feel like telling me the truth you know where to find me. I have something to take care of." He left the room without saying another word. I sighed.