Forty-One

VINCENT||

VINCENT||

Mila....

I don't know who she is, she lied to me for all this time. I've lied to her as well. I sat in the living room with Ace and waited for Envy to get home. A few minutes later, I heard heels tapping against the wooden floor. "Waiting for me again I see?" Envy sat down. "I want to see her, Envy," I didn't waste any time thinking about it.

I need to see her. "What?" Envy looked at me. "You heard me. You two always seem to know how to find each other. I want to see her." I have too many questions, and the one I want answered is the meaning of that tattoo. I know it means something more to her. Envy took her phone out of her bag and handed it to me. "Call her."

I pressed the number, it rang for a few seconds before she answered. "Yes, Envy?" Her voice sounded so sweet. "Mila," I spoke. "Ah, Vincent," she said my name like it was a curse. "What do I owe the pleasure?" "I want to see you, Mila."

"Hm, why?" She questioned. "I can tell you in person." "And what makes you think that I want to see you, Vincent?" She chuckled lightly. "You said you would hear me out. We were supposed to talk but things didn't end up that way. Please, Mila. Give me five minutes."

"Say it again and I'll consider it," I could feel her smiling. "Please, Mila I want to see you." She ended the call. She texted me an address and time and told me not to be late.

"I'm meeting her in two hours," I took a deep breath. "Alone?" Ace questioned. "Yes, I don't want to give her a reason to trust me even less." "You still trust her, don't you?" Envy asked. I didn't answer her, I don't know if I trust her. All I know is that I need to see her.

"How are you going to do this without getting noticed?" Ace questioned. "I'll take care of it, don't worry about anything," Envy took her phone back. "Where is this place?" Envy looked at her phone. "I'll find out in two hours," I sighed.

*****

MILA||

"You're crazy." Theodora pinched the bridge of her nose. I told her that I was going to meet Vincent. "Wait, the people that flew in. It was the Greyson's?" She narrowed her eyes at me. I nodded my head. "What part of we're a team do you not understand, Mila! Do you have any idea-" she paused for a little bit. I could tell she was pissed off.

"He had all this time to see you and now all of a sudden he wants to meet?" She tapped her nails on the table. "Vincent didn't know I was here but now he does. He knows something and I want to know what it is," I grabbed my car keys.