Thirty-Three

MILA||

MILA||

Since you don't want to answer my calls or texts, I'll have to find you myself.

River-

"Vincent, I can't do this right now. You should go." I said again. "Mila I-" "Another time, please." Vincent knew something was wrong but I'm glad he didn't ask. He nodded his head and headed for the door. The last thing I want is for River to come here.

I wish River didn't text me, I wanted to know why he couldn't walk away. I wish I knew it was going to be the last time that I saw him.

*****

"Where is she?" I said while wiping her blood off of the knife. She was crying and repeatedly saying that she doesn't know. "I don't want to kill you, but I will. Just like the others," I pointed the knife over to the bodies on the floor.

"P— Please, I don't know!" She yelled. I sighed and moved closer to her. "Last chance," I moved the knife towards her throat. "No matter how many of us you kill, we won't tell you anything." I chuckled. "You know, I promised her that I'd make her watch as you all died." Another tear rolled down her face.

"But this is a lot more fun," I said just before I slit her throat. I stepped back and called Imani.

"You were right, she's back and her little vixens are protecting her," I sighed. "I told you, Valerie always finds a way to make herself a problem."

Imani told me a week ago that Valerie was back. I didn't want to believe her, I thought I left those problems in Italy, but I was wrong. Ever since I came to New York, I've done nothing but missions and endless training. Which I don't mind but finding Valerie was not a part of the plan.

"What should I do?" I questioned. "When you find her, kill her or give her an ultimatum. Now get back to River before he starts asking questions, we'll talk soon. Goodbye Mila." "Goodbye Imani." She hung up.

*****

As soon as I walked into River's office he was already yelling. "What's wrong with you now?" I walked over to the mini bar and poured myself a drink. "Your partner has been reported dead," I felt him glaring at me. "Uhuh," I walked over to the couch and sat down. "What did you do?" He said through gritted teeth.

4 weeks ago....

"You're very beautiful," the man looked at me while tapping his lap. "Thank you," I said shyly and sat down. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I chuckled lightly.