Forty

MILA||

MILA||

I haven't been able to get any sleep in the past couple of days. How am I supposed to kill him? I cared about him but then he left me, he lied to me. I've lied to him too, he doesn't know who I am or what I do. The last thing he'll know is the woman he thought he knew killed him.

For once I don't want blood on my hands. I loved him, but he didn't feel the same.

*****

VINCENT||

Nothing would've prepared me for what I was about to see or feel. I tossed the papers and pictures around the living room floor. I didn't want to believe it, it can't be true. "No, no!" I said out loud as I tossed the files to the floor.

Envy walked in the living room. "It's 9 am and you're-" she stopped and picked up the file. "Cazzo," she said lowly. "How long did you know about her, Envy?" I looked at her. "Actually, don't answer that. Who is she?" I questioned.

*****

ENVY||

I looked around the room, every single mission that Mila and I went on together was laid out in front of me. The file I picked up was from the bomb threat.

The day she took care of me.

"I don't know," I walked over to him. "So, tell me why all the missions you went on she was there, all of them! Does she know about us?" He asked. "I didn't tell her but she's not stupid, Vincent."

"The day of the bomb threat, when I came over to make sure you were ok. Was she there?" His voice was low. "Vincent-" "Was she there?!" He yelled. "Yes, Vincent, she was! You know what you left her, remember! I took her out of that house because I wanted to protect her. Tell me you wanted me to leave her there to die." He didn't say anything, he just looked at me, I knew he was hurt.

"I care about her, Vincent. I wasn't going to leave her there." "And you think I don't? I loved her, Envy! I cared about her, and I had to leave her to protect her. Looks like she didn't need it, but you wasted no time in being there for her, huh?" He scoffed.

"The difference between you and me is that I would never let anyone get in the way of what I want. I wanted to make sure she was ok, and I did. I protected her when you couldn't! You can be mad at me all you like, it doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than you worrying about who I decide to spend my time with." I texted Ace to let him know that we have a problem.

"We need to have a meeting. We need to reevaluate everything that we know because someone knows about us and her. You want to keep her safe, you want to protect her, fine. Prove it to her and show her that you still give a damn because from the looks of it, you left her alone. Now are you going to sit there and be a little bitch or are you going to help me take care of business?" I looked at him. He nodded his head.