Twenty-Eight

MILA||

MILA||

I took my sweet time to get back to River. I knew as soon as I walked in his office he would be upset, I was right. I walked in, he was pacing back and forth and screaming over the phone for his men to find me.

I poured myself a drink and sat down on the leather couch. Putting my leg over the other as he continued to yell at his men. "Missed me?" I questioned as I sipped my drink. "She's back," he ended the call. I could practically see the steam coming out of his ears as he walked over to me.

"You!" "Me," I chuckled. "Where have you been?" His eyes narrowed. "At the cafe that's down the block from here," I yawned. "Your men are pretty useless, I was literally there for almost an hour." He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So, what was so important that you had to leave me 20 missed calls, and 15 angry messages?" "I need a drink," he walked away from me. "How did the mission go?" He drowned his drink and poured another. "Everything went as planned." Except for a woman standing in between my legs while wrapping a cut-

"A little too good I might add, even the standby got killed." "Collateral damage," I smiled. "And the warehouse?" He raised an eyebrow. "That was for fun, it was a beautiful sight." He smiled. "Why are you smiling like that?" "Because I haven't seen you like this in a while."

"That's because I'm wanted." "I know, I'm working on that. Your next mission will be assigned to you in a couple of days," he walked back over to his desk and sat down. I nodded my head.

He's working on it-

*****

River left me in his office while he went to take care of something. I decided to look around, maybe find something useful. I looked through his file cabinet, the Davina's seal being on every last file. "You won't find anything in there." My eyes widened as I looked at the door. It was the woman that I met when I first got here.

She still hasn't told me her name.

"I was just-" "Snooping through River's things?" She chuckled and walked over to the mini bar. I sighed. "It's fine, I won't say anything," she sipped her drink. I looked at her, the same scar that I seen was still there. "What happened to your eye? It was fine the first time we met each other."

"I was protecting my 'boss', someone was trying to hurt her." "Her? I thought you worked for River?" "I do," she lied. "Uhuh, tell me more about your 'boss'." We sat down. "If I tell you, you'll know who it is." I looked at her, and then down at her hand. She has a similar ring to Theodora's.

"Theodora?" The doors opened, River walked in. "What are you two ladies talking about?" He walked over to his desk and grabbed a set of keys. "I was catching her up on the place," she looked at him. "Hm, ok. You can show her around when you're not busy." He walked over to me and gave me the keys.

"It's for the old place, I hope you like it." I took the keys, "Thank you." "I'll walk her out." He nodded his head. We both got up and walked out his office. "I wouldn't stay there," she pressed the elevator button. "Why?" I questioned but I already knew the answer. No matter how nice River is trying to be right now, I wouldn't put it past him if the place was bugged.

"Stay somewhere else, anywhere else," she took my hand. I nodded my head and walked in the elevator. "Are you ever going to tell me your name?" "Goodbye Ms. Florence," she smiled.

I got out of the elevator and walked out of the building. As soon as I got in my car I opened my hand, it was another set of keys. I got an anonymous message with a location to go to. I know this place, it's the place that Imani and I bought in case of an emergency.

How does Theo know about this?

Even though she didn't give me an answer, I knew it was Theo the moment I saw that ring.

*****

I got to the house. It's in a secluded area, surrounded by a lot of trees and flowers, mostly daisies and orchids. I haven't been here in 3 years, that's the last time Imani and I needed a getaway.

I walked in the house and closed the door behind me. My heels clicking on the wooden floor as I walked, I went into the living room and sat down. As soon as I did my phone started to ring, it was Imani.

"Are you in our house? The silent alarms went off." She questioned. "Yes I am." "Why? What's going on?" "It's River, Imani." I can hear her cursing in French at the mention of his name. "I told you to kill him, but nooo. What did he do now!" "He has my wanted papers," I mumbled.

"One more time!" "He has my wanted papers," I mumbled again. "Je jure que je vais te tuer!(I swear I'm going to kill you!)" She yelled. "Ok, ok! He has my wanted papers!" She was silent for a moment, I think she is trying to find a way to kill me through the phone.

"Hey babe," she says creepily. "Y-Yes?" "Do you feel that?" "Feel what?" "Me strangling you! How did your dumb, yet beautiful ass not remember that River has some screws loose!" "I know, I know," I sighed. "You got sent to Italy so you could hide out for a little bit. Wait...." Her voice got low. I know if she was here, she would definitely be strangling me right now.

"Mila, please tell me, tell me that warehouse explosion wasn't you." "Hypothetically speaking...." "Ughhh! You're already on people's radars!" Oops- "Ok but they deserved it." "I know, some parts me are proud of you right now. The other parts what to fly down to Italy and strangle you!" She loves me- "Maybe you should come, but not yet." "What do you have planned, Mila?" "I don't know yet, I need more information first." "If you find anything, call me." "I will, we'll talk later." "Au revoir."

*****

Unknown||

"Do you think she's getting suspicious?" "Of course, she is. Knowing her, she'll start looking for things, trying to put all the pieces together." "And that's exactly what we want." They smiled and clinked their glasses together.

***********

Hey my lil tea slxts ;)

I think I need to bring my cliffhangers back, it's good for the soul🥹❤️

Chapter thoughts?

Kisses~ Muah~