XII

„And now prove yourself!"

With that you nodded and took your first steps into the forest.

This whole thing felt kinda weird to do. You were walking into a dark, thick forest, preparing yourself to either beat up or get beaten up by some teenagers.

From now and then you left some spots on your way just in case you had to teleport yourself back.

You wondered who you are going to bump into first. Only the first years were attempting so you had three people you had to fight against.

All of them had way more experience and knew each other's cursed techniques. You clearly had a disadvantage.

At first you went kinda half hearted into this "game" but the more you thought about this, you noticed that it was a good damn exercise.
You decided that you better take this seriously.

Somehow you already lost track of time, you could have spent 10 minutes or already 2 hours in here.

What even is the best tactic to fight against them?

Suddenly a piece of metal pierced through the air only a few centimeters away from you. The loud whistle it created caused your ears to hurt and made you feel dizzy for a slight moment. When the metal piece hit the tree behind you, a explosion followed and it sprung into many pieces.

„Ah, shit!" you heard a known female voice come from the side. „I missed!"

Nobara stood on a big limb of a tree and prepared her next shot.

„That could have killed me!" you yelled at her and moved into a defending position.

„Cry about it!"

The nice girl from before apparently had disappeared by the moment she stepped into this forest.

Quickly you realized that the students didn't see this as a joke. They are dead serious about this exercise.

„You clearly underestimate me, Nobara!"

As the moment you exhaled, you shifted your cursed energy into your feet and boosted yourself to run faster. Within seconds you sprinted towards the tree Nobara stood on and hit it gently with a slight amount of cursed energy in your hand.

You didn't want to hurt her, you didn't want to hurt anybody but you still wanted to show what you are capable of.

Quietly, you whispered "Thunder" and the spot exploded a hole into the tree. Nobara jumped down to not collapse with the tree and ran towards the place you were standing before.

She really did what you expected her to do.

With a snap you teleported yourself right back to her and tried to land a kick with your feet the moment you exited the so called inbetween.

You have missed.

Suddenly a toy-hammer went towards your direction, hitting you on the side of your rips. The hammer itself didn't hurt but the cursed energy around it caused your lungs to stop working.

You never felt the touch of cursed energy. To be honest, a week ago you haven't even thought about getting hurt by it. The curses you have killed were never strong enough to even come near you.

The cursed energy went straight through your body and you felt every single inch of it. Your lungs burnt like fire and it felt like they would collapse any second. It was hard to breath and your sight started to get blurry. Slowly, you noticed how Nobaras frame blurred out into only a few detectable colors.