Chapter 3

Rafael, lifted his Arroz Imperial out of the oven. He placed it on a counter, and was relieved to find that the yellow rice dish wasn't burnt or under cooked. It was Friday night, exactly a week since the outing to Metropolitan Dining, and Rafael had been distracted, and racked with worry. He and Olivia were too busy to discuss the strange encounter with the mysterious man. Olivia made sure of it, and Rafael couldn't stop thinking about it. He looked at his watch. It was 8PM. He placed the rice dish back in the oven to keep it warm. Where are you, Olivia? He thought to himself..

An image of her in a navy blue nightgown flashed in his mind, and the events of last Friday night played like a movie. After Rafael followed Olivia into the bedroom, he watched her turn down the covers for him. "I'll be right back." He said. He turned and left the room. His overnight bag was by the front door. He picked it up, and carried it to the bathroom. Once in there, Rafael changed into sweatpants, and removed his shirt. He looked in the mirror, and imagined Olivia doing incredibly sexy things to him. He took off his sweatpants, and jumped into the shower as visions of what he wanted to do for her, and to her flooded his mind. The shower lasted 30 minutes, He then jumped out, put the sweatpants back on, and returned to the bedroom. Olivia was in bed, he got in beside her. "Do you wanna talk?" He had asked.

"Not about what I think you do." She answered. She turned on her side, away from him. He wished he could see her brown eyes. He wanted to read her. 15 minutes later, he heard soft breathing telling him she was asleep.An hour later, she woke up, and asked him to hold her. He pulled her to him. She rested her head on his chest, and closed her eyes. Ten minutes later, they were both sleeping.

The knock at the door called Rafael out of his thoughts. He rushed to it. "Rafa, it's me." Olivia said. He opened the door, took her hands, and pulled her in.

"I was about to send out a search party for you." He said, the statement earned him a little laugh from her.

''What?", he responded. "You don't think I could do it, I'm an ADA, I'd have the entire country looking for you, the entire world." Olivia smiled at his words.

"I know, you would." She answered. Rafael studied her face, she looked exhausted again. "Come sit down." He said pulling her gently to the couch.

'I didn't see you all day. I missed you like crazy." She let go of his hand, and placed her arms gently around his neck.

"Not as much as I missed you. That's why I wanted you here, I love Noah, you know that. I still wanted us to have some alone time. I cooked us an easy, but scrumptious meal. Nothing too fancy. Is that OK with you?"

"Have you ever known me to need a fancy meal? Rafa, it's great. thank-you for cooking, so that I don't have to. I know you had a hard week."

"I did, and you did." He answered. Olivia didn't say anything. "Do you want to eat by the TV? We can find a marathon to watch."

Olivia sighed."That sounds like heaven, but we can eat at your dining table tonight." Rafael gave her the half smile he only used for her, and moved them to the dining table.

"Sit down." He said. when they arrived at Olivia's chair. She removed her arms from around his neck, and sat down. "I'll be right back."He moved to the kitchen. and returned 10 minutes later with 2 plates of Arroz Imperial. He set Olivia's plate in front of her first, then he sat across from her with his plate. "How was your day?"

"Another day, another rapist. I might have 2 more cases for you." Rafael studied her as she spoke. He guessed she hadn't slept well in days. She was beautiful as always but very fatigued. He watched as she stared at her food without touching it.