Chapter 29

It was Monday. "What time is it?" Rafael asked, groggily, the second Olivia rose from the bed."It's 4 in the morning." Olivia answered."Liv, you barely slept, get back into this bed." Rafael replied, he was wide awake now. It had been 3 weeks since Olivia had been held hostage by Craig, also known as The Good Night Rapist.
"I have to get ready for work, I have to get Noah ready for school.""You don't have to get Noah ready at 4 in the morning. I'll get Noah ready. I wish you would take another week off.""I can't be away from work for a month. I have to go back.""You will, but I don't think it should be today.""I have to go.""Olivia, come back to bed for a few minutes. I'll leave the room if you need me to."No, I don't want you to leave! Please, don't leave!"Rafael jumped out of the bed, he walked over to her, her back was to him. "Hey, look at me" She turned to face him. "I'm not going anywhere, Olivia. I just want to make you feel comfortable.""Don't leave." She whispered.I"m right here." He said. She stepped closer to him.
"I can't sleep!""I know." He replied, calmly. "Can you try to lie down? I'm here with you." She reached for his hand, and he quickly gave it to her. She let him lead her to the bed. When she was settled into it, Rafael walked to his side of the bed, and laid down next to her. He looked into her brown eyes, she offered him a weak half smile, after a few seconds, she looked like she was on the verge of tears, She averted her eyes, and turned on her side, away from him."What can I do?" He asked in a whisper. "Liv, tell me what to do, show me what to do." What do you need from me? If you don't know, say so, and we'll figure it out together.""I'm sorry, Rafa. I'm sorry I was undressing for him.""What?" Rafael asked, horrified.I'm sorry that I let him kiss me, I'm sorry that his hands were all over me.""Olivia, look at me right now." He demanded. She turned to him, her tear filled eyes suddenly focused on his. "You did nothing wrong. He made you take off your blouse. He had a gun.""I'm sorry, you had to see that. I feel... I feel like... I feel like I cheated on you.""You didn't." He said firmly, his heart broke for her.""He forced you, you know that.""I know." She whispered, "It's a feeling... a feeling with no logic behind it. I'm a cop. I should have stopped him. I thought he would hurt Katelyn." Rafael felt a wave of nausea hit him, hard, at the sound of Katelyn's name."I know, mi vida, you always put everyone before yourself.""He would have killed her." Olivia continued. Rafael was silent, he wasn't sure if that statement was true, but Olivia thought it was. She scooted closer to him. "Please, hug me.""Oh." he almost cried, wrapping her in his arms, and holding on."I love you so much, Rafael Barba. Thank-you for loving me. I know it's hard to deal with me." She whispered."It;s not hard to love you, Olivia. Loving you and Noah is the easiest thing I have ever done. Te amo." He whispered back, adamantly."Te amo, Rafa, I'm sorry for the setback.""What do you mean?" Rafael asked, convinced that he knew what she was talking about. He wanted her to say the words, so that he could reassure her."I was ready to have sex, and now I'm not. I'm sorry.""You have nothing to be sorry for, we will get there together. You need to know I would never hurt you.""I know." Olivia answered.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

It was 1PM, against Rafael's advice, Olivia did go to work this morning. He prayed she would spend t the whole workday at her desk. He wanted to see her soon, this was what he was thinking the moment he walked into Jack McCoy's office.

"Hello Rafael", the DA greeted him."Hello Jack.""Have a seat". McCoy said, Rafael did as instructed, sitting down in the chair across from Jack McCoy's desk. "How is Lieutenant Benson?" I heard she was held hostage... again.""She's doing well, she's strong.""Rafael, defense attorneys, DA's, ADA's, police officers, and judges need to be objective, if we are not the whole justice system crumbles.""I know, Jack, and I take that very seriously." Rafael replied."That said, we are human, it's impossible for us not to develop relationships with the people we work with. When we work on a case it is imperative that we put our personal feelings, and beliefs aside. You are one of the best prosecutors I have ever seen, and I don't want to lose you.""I'm a professional Jack, I have never let my personal feelings get in the way of a case, and I never will.""I believe you," there was a short pause, before Jack continued. "I know that you are involved with Lieutenant Benson. She has a good reputation, and you work very well together. You both care about victims , and you close cases. As long as you remain objective, you have my blessing to stay where you are.""My personal feelings will never stop me from doing my job. My grandmother dreamed that one day I would become a judge. You're right, judges have to leave their personal beliefs, and feelings at the door everyday before they walk into a courtroom.""Is that what you want Rafael to be a judge? I was hoping when I retire you could take my place, you have a long time to think about it." Jack sighed, and continued. "Ben Stone was my best friend, and there was an ADA by the name of Claire Kincaid, I would have done anything for that woman, and I lost her.""I'm so sorry." Rafael replied, softly, thinking about how empty life would be without Olivia.Jack nodded. "If you marry her, Rafael, make sure she keeps her last name for professional purposes."

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Rafael was sitting on the couch at the Benson apartment, worried sick, He was about to call Fin, when the front door opened, and Olivia stepped inside. He ran to her. "Olivia, you're shaking. What's wrong, what happened?" She turned and locked the door.

"Olivia, talk to me," He pleaded , moving closer to her, and guiding her to the couch. She sat down, and immediately he sat beside her, turning his body to face her."Larr...""Larry? What about Larry, Liv?""He...""He what?" Rafael asked, calmly. Olivia reached into her pocket, pulled out her cell phone, accessed her voicemail, and handed him the phone. Rafael put the phone to his ear, and listened.
"Hello Olivia, it's Larry. I want you to know, I never stopped thinking about you. I miss you. You will always be my Olive."
The recording ended, Rafael placed the phone on the coffee table "I'm getting you a restraining order, now." Rafael said, managing to keep his voice steady for her. "We're going to get through this."
The phone rang. Without thinking Olivia lifted it from the coffee table, and answered. "Benson.""Olivia, it's Vicki Logan. I used to be Vicki Sayers.""What can I do for you Vicki?" Olivia asked, calmly