Chapter 18

It was 1PM on another Sunday. Rafael was in The Benson's apartment waiting for Munch. The older man had called an hour ago, just as Olivia was leaving for a meeting with Katelyn. Lucy had picked up Noah this morning for a play date with her little brother Josh. The apartment was so quiet without them. He was lonely, he tried to distract himself with cleaning, but it wasn't working. He was relieved when he heard a knock on the door. He put a toy in Noah's toy box, and strode to the door, after looking through the peephole he opened it. "Munch, come in." He stepped aside allowing Munch to enter."Is Liv here?" Munch asked, when he was inside."She was when you called, but she had a meeting." Rafael replied. "Can I get you coffee, tea?""Tea would be nice." Munch answered with a smile. Rafael walked into the kitchen area, and prepared the tea. "How are you?""Good." Rafael said, placing the teapot on the stove, and turning it on.
"I didn't want to talk to you about Larry Holland in front of your mother, Friday night.""I appreciate that, Munch. She called me yesterday, she seemed impressed with you." Rafael watched as Munch's mouth turned upward in a smile. He had never witnessed Munch smile.
"She's very impressive." Munch said, after a short silence, After a short pause, he continued "And I'm not impressed by many.""I understand," Rafael said. He could relate to that, very few people impressed him."She's an old soul." Munch continued. "We have dinner plans. Is that alright with you?""It's great, Munch, I want everyone to be as happy as Olivia has made me." Rafael answered."You're good for each other, I know I've said that before but it bears repeating.""I know, thank-you, Munch. That's something I will never get tired of hearing.""Cassidy is a good kid, but not what she needed. He always knew when Liv was having a weak moment, and he would swoop in.""Olivia is the strongest person I know."

"Anyone can have a weak moment. Being with him was self-destructive,so were her feelings for Elliot. Ed was safe, but there was no love there. Your love is forever, it's what poets write about."

"Thanks Munch." Rafael said, just as the tea-kettle whistled. "Let's go sit at the dining table. Without a word, Munch walked to the table, and sat down. 5 minutes later, Rafael served Munch his tea, and placed a plate of Chocolate chip cookies in the center of the table. "What do you have to tell me about Larry Holland?""He's a bad guy. He moved from New York to Boston Massachusetts in 1999. 2 years ago, he had an attempted rape charge that was dropped, and 4 years ago, he had another. Both of the victims were high school students."
"Let me guess, the parents of the girls didn't want them to testify.""Exactly." Munch answered.
"He groomed the girls.""He did." Munch confirmed. "And for a long time.Who knows how many girls he victimized. He moved back here a year ago. He got a job teaching at Hutson University."
"Perfect." Rafael said, sarcasm dripping from his voice. He hoped Munch didn't see the anger now boiling deep inside him. "I appreciate the information, Munch." Rafael reached for a cookie, and began eating it, nervously. At that moment, both men heard a key in the door. A minute later. Olivia was standing in the apartment. "Hi Munch." Olivia said. Seeing the anxious look of dread on Rafael's face, she quickly strode over to him before Munch could greet her back. "Are you OK?" She asked gently, studying Rafael. Rafael nodded slowly, letting her know he was OK or would be OK. He stood up, and embraced her.
"Te amo." He said, like they were the only 2 people in the room."Te amo. Rafa." Olivia said back to him in the same tone. They held each other for a long moment, almost forgetting Munch was there. Rafael gently squeezed her sides before letting go of her, and sitting down. If Munch hadn't been there, Rafael would have kept holding her. He went back to his seat, and finished his cookie. Olivia, turned to Munch. "What's going on, Munch?""Barba asked about Larry Holland.""Yes, I know. What about him, what did you find?" Olivia asked, hoping that he would say he found nothing, but knowing deep down that, that wasn't true."He's teaching at Hutson. Munch informed her."Why am I not surprised, what else?""He lived in Boston for a long time, and there, he had 2 attempted rape charges. They were dropped. Much said. Olivia's hands flew to her mouth as though she was about to throw up. Tears were visible in her eyes. She ran in the direction of the bathroom. Rafael was at his feet, walking quickly in her direction.
"Liv," Rafael called as the bathroom door slammed. Rafael knocked on the door. "Liv, let me in, por favor."I'll let myself out." Munch announced., not sure if he was heard.