Chapter 7

"This is delicious, Rafael." Olivia said, after one forkful of food. It was 8PM on Friday night. Rafael and Olivia were sitting at the dining room table in Rafael's apartment. Rafael cooked a chicken, broccoli, and white rice dinner after work. Olivia was so grateful for it. She arrived 15 minutes before, mentally exhausted, and in no mood to think about, let alone prepare food."I love that you love my cooking.He replied, flirtation in his voice, he picked up his fork, and took 3 big bites of his food, 5 minutes later his plate was clean, and Olivia's plate was almost full. I have to work on eating slower, he thought to himself. He took a drink, placed the cup down a spoke. "How was everything today""Busy. I took 5 disclosures, and I had a meeting. What about you? Are you OK?""This was a stressful week, but I'm great now. I missed you, you have no idea how much.""I know it was as much as I missed you." Olivia replied, taking another forkful of food,"I'm sorry I called so late last night." He said.
"Rafa, you know you can call anytime.""I had a lot of paperwork, Carmen needed the day off again.""Is she OK?""I think so." I was in court most of the day yesterday, and I had coffee with Munch.""About a case?" She asked, taking another forkful of food, and a sip of her drink."Maybe", he replied in prosecutor mode. "I asked him to look into Larry Holland."Almost instantly, Olivia fork clang against her plate. "What?" She asked, giving him a look he often saw her use in the interrogation room."Olivia," he said, immediately. "I need to make sure he's not a danger."
"I don't believe this, Barba You used the resources given to you by the DA's office for something personal.""You bet I did, and I would do it again if it meant keeping you and Noah safe.
"I don't believe this! Who are you? Olivia got up from the table. "I'm leaving!" At her words Olivia saw her best friend, the love of her life pale, a look of horror on his face. He stood up from the table.
"You know who I am, Olivia." He choked out. "You know better than anyone!" He ran to her. "Let's talk about this, please. He begged."Answer one question. If we weren't dating would you have done this?""Yes, in a heartbeat. I don't trust this guy, He's just like any other criminal we put away." Rafael said in a courtroom voice."We have a meeting with Katelyn Quinn next week, Barba.
Rafael watched as Olivia marched to the front door. "If you thought Noah was in danger you would do the same thing!" He said, before the front door slammed shut.