Chapter 10

A little over an hour passed since Katelyn left Rafael's office,Olivia walked into the DA's office building . She walked down a hall, and was surprised to see her boyfriend's office door open when she approached it. She stepped into the room, quickly, and gently she shut the door behind her. "Rafa, what's wrong?"Olivia asked, stepping close to him. His facial expression was a mixture of fear, and anger."I was in the middle of interviewing her. She can't just walk out." Rafael said. "Now I have to schedule another meeting.""Katelyn has Rape Tamra Syndrome, you know that, you can see it. She was no good to you in the state she was in. If you don't want to reschedule her, I will.""I'll do it." Rafael replied."I'll do it." Olivia repeated. "I know that Carmen being out sick so much has made things more difficult for you here.""No, I'll do it. That's not the issue." He said, softly.Olivia stepped even closer to him. "What is?" She asked in a concerned whisper.
"Katelyn should have pressed charges. He raped her, he abused her in countless ways." Rafael whispered."Rafa. she was scared, you know that." Olivia replied, softly."I know that if that son-of-a-bitch was in jail, he wouldn't have been able to hurt you!" Rafael yelled, surprised by his own outburst. Instantly, Olivia embraced him. His head fell to her shoulder. "Lo siento, lo siento." He whispered quickly, as he clung to her, making sure he didn't hurt her in the process.
"You have nothing to be sorry about, Rafa." Olivia whispered.
Rafael, moved quickly out of her embrace, and gazed into her eyes. "Yes, I do. I'm not a possessive man.""I know that." Olivia reassured him."But I was worried about you. Katelyn is not stable now, I don't know if she'll ever be stable, and you just left with her.""I said I was walking her out. I ended up driving her home. I should have told you. I'm sorry.""You're safe, Liv, that's what matters.Don't be sorry, you were doing your job. You're good at it. I am so proud of you, you have no idea how proud. Next time, please, just say something.""I will." She whispered, hugging him. Rafael gently wrapped his arms around her, making her feel safe. His lips found her forehead, and kissed. After a moment, Olivia reluctantly got out of his embrace. "I have to get back to the squad room." She said, softly."I'll call you, and come over if you want me too.""OK." Olivia said, giving him a radiant smile.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

It was 8PM, on another Friday. Olivia made her way to Rafael's apartment door, and softly knocked. She took a deep breath as the door opened.Rafael smiled the second he saw her. "Liv, you're early, I was just getting ready to make our dinner." He said, taking her hands in his, and gently pulling her into his apartment. "Rafa, we need to lock the door. She said with a smile, when they were both standing by Rafael's black living room couch.
"Stay there." He replied, running to close and lock the door. As Olivia watched him a wave of gratitude hit her. Rafael Barba was so full of excitement at seeing her. She smiled when, moments later, he was standing in front of her."Can dinner wait,Rafa?""Yes," he said. suddenly feeling anxious."You're so patient with me, Rafa. Nobody has ever taken care of me the way you do. Nobody knows how to take care of me the way you, love me, you love me, you love Noah. I'm safe with you, I feel so alive with you. I think about you all the time. and I like it that way. I don't want to think of anybody else" I'm ready to kiss you, Rafa. There will always be hard times, but with you by my side, the hard times are easier. You're my person, Rafa, I didn't know I had one until you came into my life, but I do, and it's you. You're my best friend, and you always will be, ''Please, let me kiss you, I want to kiss you." Olivia waited a few seconds to take in the look of joy, and amazement on Rafael's face. She took 3 steps closer to him, and her lips gently met his. She felt her whole body relax in a way it never had before. When he broke the kiss, she fought the urge to cry. She forced her brown eyes to focus on his face, He was staring at her. The look of awe that was on his face when she walked into the apartment was still there. He loved her.She felt his hand softly caressing her cheek. "Olivia, I'm not taking advantage of you. Are you sure you're ready for this? You were attacked months ago, and you're dealing with... a lot.""Yes." She answered adamantly.

"Te amo", Rafael said, before his lips crashed into hers. He kissed with all the passion he possessed, only coming up for air when it was absolutely necessary. When it was, he gazed longingly into her brown eyes, and spoke in a prayer-like tone. "You are so beautiful." He whispered, kissing her again. Without breaking the kiss, Rafael moved them to his couch.

They kissed for an hour, before Olivia spoke. "Noah has a sleepover, so I thought maybe I would stay here tonight. What do you think? Olivia asked. He whispered words in Spanish, before almost chanting. "Stay forever, Mi amor." Olivia's laughter was musical.I'm serious, Liv.""I know." She said, kissing him softly. Rafael deepened the kiss enthusiastically. "What's for dinner?""Who needs food?""You do." Olivia answered, smiling.""Baked Flounder,Cuban-style.""Sounds great, Rafa.""Liv, did I do the right thing?" You were attacked months ago, and Larry Holland."Olivia, interrupted., putting up her hand to stop him. "Rafael Barba, I love you, I constantly think about you, and about kissing you. I did a lot of healing, and I was more than ready. I don't want the people who have traumatized me to prevent me from doing what I want.""What do you want?""I want to hold you... I want to kiss you, any time I want, whenever you want me to.""I told you, months ago, that once I kissed you I would never want to stop.""You said kissing me would be a habit."
Rafael. leaned in, and captured her lips again. When he broke the kiss he spoke. "You are staying in my bed tonight, but we are not making love tonight."
Olivia, groaned, and then spoke. "You're still torturing me.""Sweet torture, not real torture." He said. "I know you're hungry, come help me cook." He got up from the couch. He gently pulled Olivia to her feet, and led her to the kitchen.