Chapter 21

Author's note Arroz con Huevo Frito is a Cuban dish. It is rice and fried egg.

"Can we go home now?" Rafael asked Olivia , placing his hand on the small of her back. They had been waiting to be seated inside Radiante. Carmen begged them to go with her and her husband Mannel to the new Salsa club. It was 8PM on Saturday night.."No, not now, we promised Carmen we would come here with her and Mannel." Olivia whispered, because Carmen and Mannel were waiting in front of them."And, here we are, waiting for the past hour.""We won't have to wait much longer." Olivia replied"It was a difficult week."They're all difficult." Olivia said."I want to go home, Liv.""Whose home, yours or mine?" Olivia asked. It was getting harder and harder to be away from Olivia. Weekends with her were not enough, he saw her at work, and that was wonderful, but there, they were working."I don't care, as long as I get to wake up next to you." He answered, ''We'll go to yours because Noah is already there tonight." Olivia smiled, and watched as Carmen, and Mannel moved to the front of the line. Moments later both couples were in the club.
"I'm sorry for the long wait, we're busy, and understaffed." A female hostess said, over the music as she led them to a table for 4, in the corner."I'll get you a waiter as soon as possible, this club is also a restaurant. We serve dinner." Rafael, and Olivia sat next to each other at the circular table. Carmen, and Mannel sat across from them. The menus were already on the table, and Rafael, who was starving, read it quickly. The hostess walked away.
"Olivia", Carmen sang. "I expect to see some of your moves tonight.""I told you, Carmen, I haven't danced in ages." Olivia said. Rafael looked up from the menu."I'll dance with you. My mother made me take Salsa lessons." I'd love to dance with you." Rafael said. Olivia smiled. "Nice to see you, Mannel. How's work?" He asked Carmen's husband."Stressful, I'm only here, because Carmen wants to dance.I want to be home relaxing. The things we do for love." He turned his head, and kissed Carmen on the lips."What do you do,Mannel?" Olivia asked, when the kiss ended."I'm a computer programmer." He answered."That's interesting." Olivia said, impressed.
"Not as interesting as your job, but I love it.""That's great!" Olivia said.
At that moment, a man walked up to the table. "I'm the owner of this place, I'm understaffed tonight, so I'll be acting as a waiter, if you need anything let me know. He turned his head toward Carmen. "Do you want to order anything?""Yes, I'll have your chicken Enchiladas with some water." Carmen said.
"I'll have the same." Mannel added.
The owner of the club, jotted down both orders, and turned to Rafael. "And what would you like?" He asked."I'll have Arroz con Huevo Frito". "Rafael answered. The man jotted down the order, and quickly turned to Olivia."Olivia!"' The man said, his brown eyes wide, as he took her in."I'm sorry, I don't know who you are." Olivia said, feeling confused., she felt her body tense, and took Rafael's protective hand."It's Hugo, Hugo Torres." The man said, in an almost pleading voice. "Hugo", Olivia replied, softly, and quickly. "I thought you were dead."

Hugo nodded. "I understand why." How are you?"
"Great.." Olivia answered.
"I'm so glad, it's a dream come true to see you,mamacita." Rafael's eyebrows rose at the sound of the word. "What can I get you?" Hugo continued.
"Nothing." She replied, softly.
"I'll make you something when we get home." Rafael whispered in her ear. He was worried about her.
"This is my better half, Rafael, and these are our friends, Carmen, and Mannel." Olivia said to Hugo. Carmen and Mannel smiled at Hugo, hoping it would lighten the mood.
"You're my better half." Rafael said to Olivia.
It's nice to know, you have people who care about you, Hugo said. "I have to leave your table for now, but please dance with me later". He quickly walked away.
Olivia squeezed Rafael's hand, and turned her face to look into his green eyes."Dance with me, please." Olivia spoke softly. Rafael led her to the dance floor. A song began, and Olivia let go of his arm, and began to dance flawlessly across from him. Rafael danced forward. Within a few moments their hands met, and Rafael gracefully pulled her in a close hold. "I trust you with my life, Rafael." She whispered, as they moved to the music.
"I trust you with my life. my heart, my soul,." I trust you with everything. Olivia. You are my life, I'm so blessed to be with you., Te amo Siempre." Rafael whispered back. "Can we go home soon,hermosa?"
"Yes, Rafa, take me home, as soon as possible, there is no place I'd rather be."