Chapter 32

Rafael ran up to the red brick colonial house in Queens, which was once owned by Serena Benson. He was about to bang on the fire red front door, when he realized it was open. Almost silently, he slipped inside, and listened.
"It's impossible for me to express just how much I missed you, Olive." Larry said."Don't call me that." Olivia replied, in a small anguished filled voice."You and I need to talk." Larry continued.
"No." Olivia whispered
"Yes, yes." Larry whispered back in a soft, almost seductive tone. "Olive, I did so much for you. I listened to you when no one else did. I helped you with your homework, I cleaned up after Serena so you wouldn't have to. I love you, I always have. I wish you understood that. you don't anymore, but you will."
Rafael was now feet from the living room where Larry and Olivia stood. "Come here". Larry continued. Olivia shook her head , slowly in a no motion. Larry walked closer to her, Olivia didn't move, she was frozen in place.
"Get away from her, Larry!" Rafael yelled, unable to hold himself back another second.
Larry turned his head, his eyes connected with Rafael. "Go away." Larry said, quickly."Get away from her, Larry!" Larry turned his head to stare at Olivia again.

"I'm not mad at you, Olive. I'm not mad at you for letting this man who calls himself your boyfriend press charges on me. It's not your fault. I was trying to help Erica Roe. She wanted me to be her father figure, that's all. None of the other young women I tried to help mean as much to me as you do. I love you."

"Get away from her, Larry!" Rafael said, again, stepping from the tiny hallway he had been in into the large living room. Larry reached out, and touched Olivia's cheek. He caressed it. Olivia's face filled with panic, and again she very slowly shook her head no. Rafael strode over to Larry, and placed his hand on the old man's shoulder. "I said get away from her." This time Larry moved a few feet away. Rafael took his hand off Larry's shoulder.
Despite the fact that Larry was now farther away, his eyes were still locked on Olivia."You think this man, this Rafael Barba loves you?" Larry asked. He doesn't. You're good for him, you're good for his career. He's no good for you.""Shut up, Larry!" Rafael said, his voice tight. Rafael was afraid to stay here, but he was afraid to move toward Olivia right now, she was traumatized. Rafael needed to snap her out of it, and keep an eye on Larry."He doesn't love you." Larry continued."Yes he does." Olivia managed to whisper.
Rafael was relieved. "I do." Rafael confirmed. "Don't listen to Larry. He's nothing but a predator.""That's not true, Olive, and you know it. I was there for you, and I will be again.""How did you get her here, Larry?" Rafael yelled."I told her I needed to talk to her about Erica Roe. She thought she would get more evidence against me. I know her.""You're delusional." Rafael replied."I don't mind lying for the right reason. I needed to get her here. We need to talk, we need to be together." Larry replied, Rafael felt sick.Olive." Larry continued. "Rafael Barba can't love you, because he can't understand you. I do. I love you, because I understand you. I always have.""Rafael does love me." Olivia managed to find her voice again."That's right, I do love you, I adore you." Rafael confirmed again."He can't love you, Olive.""Te amo." Rafael, said. "I love you.""He doesn't love you, Olive. He's sleeping with his assistant.""No!" Rafael said, instantly. "That's not true! "
"Rafa." Olivia choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"I'm not sleeping with her!" Rafael said, careful not to use Carmen's name in front of this disgusting man."What's her name? Carmen? She's pregnant, Olive. I'm sure you knew that, but what you didn't know is that the baby Carmen is carrying is his.""No, it's not! Carmen's baby is her husband's! I would never do that to you! I don't want Carmen or anyone else! I want you, and only you!" Rafael yelled.
"He betrayed you, Olive." Larry said, calmly."Shut up Larry! Her name is not Olive! You want her to be, but she's not. Look at her, she's terrified of you . You're her abuser! You are not the love of her life, she doesn't love you! You are nothing!" "Get out of here, Rafael." Olivia said, in a whisper.
Rafael stepped closer to Olivia, He now had an idea about how to snap her out of her current state. He refused to wait a moment longer. "We need to get out of here now, Olivia.""Rafa?" She said softly like she was waking from a nightmare. Rafael felt relief wash over him, knowing that his idea was working, she needed to keep hearing her name."Yes, Olivia." Rafael answered, stepping closer to her, and touching her arm. "We need to leave this house now.""Rafa, I'm Olive." She said, terror in her voice."No, No, you're not. You're Olivia Benson, you're Olivia Benson, you're Olivia Benson.""I can't leave Larry." Olivia said, quietly."That's right, Olive. You can't leave me!" Larry screamed. "You belong with me!""Olivia, we're leaving this house if I have to carry you. We're leaving."
"Police!" Carisi suddenly announced. "Are you OK, Sir?" We got a call that someone might be in danger here.""Yes, yes, I'm fine." Larry answered, angrily
Rollins, who was standing next to Carisi, spoke. Are you sure sir?""Yes." Larry replied."Good." Rollins replied. "Mr. Holland, we have a warrant to search the premises." She handed him the warrant to read.
"Let's go, Olivia." Rafael said, leading her out of the house. The cab was still waiting, Side by side they walked to it. Before getting inside, Rafael connected his green eyes with Olivia's brown ones. "Olivia, mi vida, mi alma. I would never cheat on you. Carmen's baby is her husband's.""I know that, Rafa. I know Larry wanted me to doubt you. ""You were faking your reaction to Larry the whole time?""No, when I got to this house, Larry started talking. He gave me a pill to control me, I pretended to take it. He tried to brainwash me, and at times I felt it was working, moments when I felt he had control, moments when I felt like his Olive, but a part of me kept thinking about you, and Noah. I knew at every moment that I was Olivia Benson.""Did you feel frozen in place at times or was that an act?"
"It wasn't all an act. It wasn't an act when Larry said that we needed to talk. You heard him, when I refused, and he kept repeating yes, I felt like I couldn't move, but I recovered. When he said you slept with Carmen, and that her baby was yours, I felt broken.""Olivia, it didn't happen, I would never ever be unfaithful to you." Rafael said, quickly in a courtroom voice."Rafa. the idea of it hurt. I know you would never cheat. I know you didn't cheat on me with Carmen, I know that her baby is not yours, I know it is her husband's. I know Larry was trying to demonize you to me to build himself up. You were insane to walk into the house alone!: You didn't know if Larry had a weapon, you could've been hurt or killed... for all you know. "Don't ever do that, Rafa. Don't leave!" Tears were in her eyes again."I won't. Let's go home." He said, hugging her. After a few moments, they got into the cab, and it drove away.