Chapter 6

It was a Thursday afternoon. "Hi Rafael. Where's your girl?" Kelly, a waitress at Royalty Steakhouse asked. Before Rafael and Olivia were a couple, Olivia noticed that Kelly was flirting with him. It was confirmed when Rafael found Kelly's number scribbled on a napkin.

"She's arresting someone."Kelly nodded. "You're proud of her." Kelly said more to herself than to him."Yes, I am. She's amazing."
"Can I take your order?"
"A coffee, and a menu, please.""You and Olivia have been coming here for months. The 2 of you always order the same thing." Kelly said, raising an eyebrow. "Are you walking on the wild side today?""Coffee, and a menu, please." Rafael repeated, trying to suppress the annoyance he felt at Kelly's questioning.."You got it." The young woman answered, walking away. She came back 10 minutes later with the coffee and menu, and Rafael was still sitting alone. "Here you go." Kelly said, placing a cup on the table.
"Thank-you," Rafael said, out of politeness. He was glad when she walked away. He picked up the cup, and drank. He placed it down after 4 sips, and checked his watch. It read 12:20. He nervously tapped his fingers on the table, 2 minutes later he returned to his coffee, periodically watching the door. "Munch, over here." Rafael called at 12:30.
The older man nodded his head in acknowledgement, walked to Rafael's table, and sat down." How ya doing, Barba?""Good. And You?"
"OK. Listen, you don't have to buy me lunch. Munch said." Rafael waved Kelly over."Just coffee." Munch said, when Kelly arrived to take the order.. When the young women left the table, Munch continued You didn't call me here, because of my sunny personality, talk."
"Let me buy you a meal." Rafael replied."You have to be in court at 2?" Munch replied, Rafael nodded his head in a yes motion. "How's Liv?""She's good. She told me you once looked into her mother's case years back when she first started working in SVU."
"I did. She wanted to know who her father was. I was trying to help her." Munch stopped talking the instant he saw the waitress with the coffee. She poured it into both cups, and left."She told me you did help her.""She sees it that way, but no. It just fueled her obsession. I think she wanted to arrest him. She thought it would give her closure. It didn't."

"And she met Simon?" Rafael added.

Munch took a long sip of coffee. He smiled, happy that Liv had someone to confide in. "You know about Simon?""Her half brother, yes."Munch smiled again. "Simon is a lost soul. He only comes around...""When he makes a mess, he wants Liv to clean up." Rafael finished.Munch nodded in agreement. "I'm glad she has you now. You're good for her.""Thank-you for saying that, Munch." She and Noah are my first priority.""Olivia says she doesn't need anyone to take care of her.She takes care of everyone. She's The Mother Teresa Of SVU. No matter what she says, take care of her." Munch said softly, he took another long sip of coffee."As I said, Olivia and Noah are my first priority", Rafael rose from his seat. He reached into his pocket, and into his wallet. He stood in silence for a moment before sitting down again. He looked at the card in his hand, and then looked directly at John Munch. "I need you to look into this man." Rafael said, sliding the business card over to Munch. Munch took the card in his hands, and read it. "Larry Holland". He whispered to himself.
"Yes. You work for the DA's office, but this is off the books.""We never had this conversation." Munch promised."Thank-you. " Rafael said, rising from his seat. "I'm going to pay the bill now. I'm needed in court. You have my number.""And you have mine." Munch replied.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIt was 7:30PM when Olivia's office phone rang. She put down her pen, and answered on the second ring. "Lieutenant Benson." She answered."I need to see you." A female voice whispered."Are you hurt?" Olivia asked, right away."Not right now.""What's going on where you are? Is there a reason you're whispering?""No, that's just me.""Are you safe? Whose with you?""I'm by myself and I'm safe, Lieutenant Benson.""Who is this? What's your name?" "Katelyn Quinn Flint.""You're the wife of The Good Night Rapist."""Craig Flint, yes. Months ago, I decided not to press charges against him. I changed my mind." Katelyn said, in a louder voice. "May I come speak with you now. Please.""Yes." Olivia replied. After we meet, I need you to go with me to the DA."