Chapter 30

It was a Friday at 11:45AM. Rafael was in his office doing paperwork when suddenly there was a knock at the door. "Boss? He heard Carmen say, "Katelyn is here to see you.""Carmen, come in." He replied. Carmen quickly pushed open the door, and walked inside, shutting the door behind her. She turned and faced her boss. "Carmen, I need you to leave now. Tell Manuel to pick you up at Forlini's. I'll pay for your lunch." "Why do you want to get rid of me?"
"I don't trust her. I want you out of here.""Are you OK, do you want me to call Olivia?""No. Just go, just go."
"OK, I'm leaving." She answered, looking concerned. She bolted from the office. When Rafael was sure Carmen was gone, he slowly walked out of his office. He saw Katelyn sitting in a chair with her hands folded on her lap."Katelyn, you wanted to see me? Come on." Rafael said, his voice clipped. Katelyn got up, and slowly followed behind him. "Leave the door open." He instructed as he entered his office again. She entered, and followed his directions. Rafael took a seat at his desk, and Katelyn sat across from him. "Do you want to discuss testifying against your husband?""I'm here to talk about Olivia. I know you're mad at me. I'm sorry.""You don't want to discuss her with me." Rafael answered, trying to hold back his anger. Please, leave.""No, you need to listen to me. I'm sorry.""Are you?" He asked, in a courtroom voice."Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't want her to get hurt.""You should know, if I had enough evidence against you, you would be in jail waiting on your trial. You would go on trial, and you would be found guilty. You would be put in prison for a long time.""I'm sorry, Mr. Barba! I'm a victim!""You are a victim of your husband. You became a perpetrator.""What are you talking about?""I know you set Lieutenant Benson up to be raped, and I'm doing everything in my power to prove it.""I care about Olivia!"No, you don't. You knew she would sacrifice herself to prevent you from getting hurt."I'm a victim!""You knew that your husband escaped from jail. You told him that Lieutenant Benson was helping you move into your new apartment. He knew she was there.""I'm sorry if she was hurt!" I'm afraid. I begged her to live with me! She said she couldn't!""So you set her up to be raped as punishment?""Yes, I'm sorry, but she wasn't raped!" Katelyn screamed. Rafael silently stared at her. "How is she?"
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
It was 2PM. Olivia and Rafael were sitting in the house of Vicki, and Andrew Logan at the dining room table. "Thank-you for coming to lunch," Vicki said, giving them a smile."Thank-you for having us", they said in unison. Vicki smiled again, overjoyed to see them happy. She took a bite of her chicken salad."Olivia, I need to thank-you. My wife always tells me that you gave her the confidence, and the power to have a life again, a good life." Andrew said."Vicki did the work, she had the courage. I was just there." Olivia, answered. She took a bite of chicken salad. It wasn't a sandwich, she told Vicki she didn't want bread."You put her rapist away, don't act like you did nothing." Andrew replied."I did what needed to be done, and I'm happy it helped." Olivia said."Vicki always tells me that if it wasn't for the work you did with her, she never would have been able to have a relationship with me. She wouldn't have been able to marry me. She wouldn't have had our 2 sons. Olivia, thank-you.""You're welcome, Andrew." Olivia said, and Andrew smiled."I wish you could have met my oldest son today." Vicki said. "He's in school. A baby's cry suddenly filled the air. "But you will be meeting my youngest very soon." Vicki said, rising from her chair, and heading to the nursery. Everyone else took a few more bites of food. "Olivia, Rafael." Vicki said reentering the dining room "I would like you to meet Wesley Logan." Vicki sat down, holding the baby in her arms. Olivia's brown eyes connected with the blue eyed baby. He had a full head of blonde hair. Rafael watched Olivia watching the baby. "Let's leave the table for a bit." Vicki said, getting up with her son, and walking to the living room. Andrew, Rafael, and Olivia followed. Vicki sat down on a tan sofa. "Olivia, sit here." Olivia quickly sat next to Vicki. "Would you like to hold him?""Yes", Olivia answered, softly. She slowly, and carefully took the baby from Vicki's arms. "Hi Wesley." She whispered. A feeling of calm washed over her. She had never had the opportunity to see Noah this small. As she looked into the baby's blue eyes, she imagined green, when she looked at his full head of blond hair, she saw black. "Excuse me." She said, feeling tears in her eyes. Gently she handed the baby back to Vicki, got up, and almost ran out of the house. Without a word, Rafael ran after her."Hey, hey, come here." He said, when he found her on the porch."I'm sorry." She said, falling into his embrace, and burying her face in his chest."Olivia, may I speak with you?" Vicki asked. walking onto the porch. Rafael held Olivia a little tighter. He felt her nod her agreement.."Do you want to talk to Vicki now?" He asked."Yes." She whispered, slipping out of his arms."I'll be right inside. You need me, I'm out here in a second." Rafael said, stepping away slowly, hating to do it. He opened the front door, and stepped into the house, leaving the 2 women alone."Olivia, if you need anything, I'm here.""Thank-you, Vicki. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry.""Don't be. I heard about you being kidnapped again.""It isn't that." Olivia said. "Wesley is so small, I never got to see my son at that age. I adopted him. Everyone around me is having babies.""You can still have one, Olivia. You can give your son a sibling." Vicki replied.
Olivia laughed. I'm sorry." She said, again."Don't be. I don't want you to feel pressure to speak at my support group. Give yourself some time.""Thank-you, Vicki. I'll call you when I'm ready. Let's go inside." "Olivia said. Vicki opened the door, and walked inside. Olivia followed. She almost ran to Rafael's side. "Te amo, Rafa" She whispered, slipping her hand into his.