Chapter 14

Olivia threw her pen down on her desk, upset that her paperwork was all done for now. She no longer had it to distract her. She sighed loudly as images flooded her mind. Since the breakfast meeting with Katelyn, Olivia nightmares had become more frequent and vivid. She took a series of deep breaths until the images passed. She looked at her watch, it was 8 O'clock. Olivia picked up her stuff, and walked out of her office.An hour later, she stepped into the building that housed the DA's office, she walked down a long hall, opened a door, and walked inside. "Hi Carmen!" She said, greeting the young woman who was Barba's assistant.
"Hi, Olivia. How are you?" Carmen replied, enthusiastically."Good. I know you haven't been feeling well, so I brought you some tea." Olivia said, handing over the cup."Bless you!" Carmen said, taking a few sips, ''This is just what I needed, Olivia, thank-you.""It's nothing." Olivia said with a smile."You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I've felt like crap all day.""Oh. Is there anything I can do?"'Keep bringing me tea, and snacks. I'm pregnant!" Carmen said, laughing."Carmen that's wonderful!" Olivia said, right away, she smiled. "You should go home. It;s late."

"I'm going home soon, my husband is picking me up outside the building. I see you brought a coffee for my boss."Yeah, I have a file for him to look at.""Oh, really at 9PM?" You have a file for him to look at?" Carmen asked, teasingly."He's a workaholic. I know he's here." Olivia said.
Carmen smiled. "You 2 have a lot in common.""We do." Olivia said after a long moment of silence. Carmen flashed Olivia another smile, before taking 4 long sips of her tea.

"Carmen, stopping teasing Olivia." Barba said, walking out of his office, and to his girlfriend.

"I can't help it, every time, Olivia comes to see you here, she has an excuse. She doesn't need one." Carmen answered.
Olivia handed her boyfriend a cup "I also have a file for you to look at." Olivia told him."Thank-you." Barba whispered, gratefully. Olivia couldn't help but smile, her poker face gone.Carmen groaned. "Oh please, would you just date already? No scratch that. Olivia, just marry him. You're his angel.""Am I ever going to live down the fact that I called her angel, once, in front of you?" Barba asked Carmen.
"No!" Carmen said with a laugh, before returning to her tea.
"Let;a go into my office." Barba said, leading her in that direction. Olivia followed him."Thanks for the tea, Olivia!" Carmen called."Don't mention it." Olivia called back, as she stepped into Barba's office.
When she was in, Barba closed the door, and walked up to her. "Hello.""Hello.." She said, flirtatiously. Then she remembered, Carmen was still in the area. She quickly spoke in a professional tone. "Can we sit in silence for a while?" He took her hand, and wordless;y led her to his office couch. She smiled, feeling incredibly giddy. They sat side by side in a very comfortable silence. Rafael gently squeezed Olivia;s hand. She was just happy to be near him."I'm leaving!" Carmen said, loud enough for them to hear it with the door closed.."Carmen's right. I keep telling you, you don't have to make excuses to see me." Barba said, breaking the silence.
'I know."She knows you're my best friend, Liv." Barba leaned over, and captured her lips. He pulled away for a second, just to get air. He returned his lips to hers within seconds. Olivia deepened the kiss, and Barbs deepened it more. She almost cried when his lips left hers again. "I told you once I kissed you, it would be my favorite habit, '' he said, moving his lips to the very sensitive spot he found on her neck, last weekend.'Ah." she moaned briefly, and softly, putting her hands through his hair. She broke the hot kiss. "Te amo" She whispered, reverently.'Te amo, Olivia. Te amo." He said."Rafa, please don't stop." She begged, in a whisper. His lips collided with hers immediately. This woman was his soulmate, and he would grant her every wish. He scooted even closer to her, and placed his hand supportively on her back."Gracias a Dios!" The 2 broke pulled away from each other at Carmen's voice, Olivia stood up, and Barba followed."Carmen," Olivia said, trying to think of her next words.'No excuses, Olivia." Carmen said sternly. After a second, it was impossible to hold back her smile. "I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed.
"Carmen..." Olivia said."Don't worry, Olivia" Carmen interrupted. ''My lips are sealed, until you disclose." She turned her eyes and attention to Barba. "When's the wedding, boss?" She said with a bright smile.