Chapter 20

It was 8PM on another Monday. Olivia picked up her bag, preparing to leave the 1-6 for the night, when her office phone rang. She sat down at her desk, and answered it. "Benson?"

"Olivia, this is Vicki Logan. I used to be Vicki Sayers.""I know who you are, Vicki. What can I do for you.""I came to thank-you, months ago, and I told you I had a support group.""I remember.""I would love it if you came to speak at it, soon.""When exactly?""Can you speak on the first Saturday and Sunday of the month?
"I'll check my schedule, and get back to you as soon as possible.""Thank-you, Olivia!""You don't have to thank me, Vicki. Anything else?""Yes." Vicki said, "Olivia, I... I... want you to talk about your own trauma."
"I'll get back to you, goodnight." Olivia said, hanging up the phone, quickly. Grabbing her bag again, she strode out of her office.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Olivia arrived at The DA's office to find Carmen, laughing on her cell phone. After a minute, Carmen hung up the phone,and placed it in her purse. She picked up the phone on her desk, and spoke to Barba. "Lieutenant Benson is here." She told him happily, as Olivia strode over to her desk. "Hi, Olivia!" She said when she hung up the phone.
Olivia smiled, holding out a cup to Carmen. "Here's your cup of tea, careful it's hot. Carmen happily took the cup from her. "How are you feeling, Carmen?""Great!" I just got off the phone with my husband, he always makes me feel better. Olivia, you don't have to bring me something every time you come in here."Olivia smiled again, and then spoke. "It's not a problem, Carmen, I'm sorry that I have no food for you.""That's alright. My husband is taking me out for a late dinner in a little while.""That's nice." Olivia replied."I know. I'm a lucky woman. This coming weekend, he made arrangements for us to go dancing at a new Salsa club that opened last month. I wanna go, before I start getting big." Carmen smiled brightly, and took a long sip of tea.
"That's great, Carmen, I'm sure you'll have a blast." I haven't Salsa danced in ages,"Olivia said."What?" Carmen exclaimed, loudly."I take it, you're surprised.""When?"
"A lifetime ago, it's no big deal. Drink your tea, it's going to get cold.""Carmen, is something wrong?" Barba asked, walking out of his office, and standing beside Olivia."No, No" Carmen spoke quickly. "Did you know, your girl knows how to Salsa?"Barba turned his head to look at Olivia, arching an eyebrow. "Really? You know how to Salsa?" He questioned, his eyes, suddenly full of amusement."Really." Olivia replied. "Don't make fun of me." She added, seeing Barba's smile widening more by the second."I'm not making fun of you." Barba answered, quickly, his voice dropping, as visions of Olivia moving her body with his,danced across his mind."Olivia, you, and Barba, should come with us, Saturday! I'll call you with the details!" Carmen said, excitedly just as her cell phone began to ring. Seconds later, when Carmen was on the phone with her husband, Barba put Olivia's hand in his, and quickly led her to his office."What's wrong?" He asked, when the door was closed."Nothing." She answered."I know you." He reminded her. What's wrong?"

Olivia sighed. "Vicki Logan, who used to be Vicki Sayers., called me tonight. She wants me to speak at her support group, the first weekend of next month."

"You do speaking engagements like that all the time. What's the problem?"
"She wants me to talk about... my own... personnel traumas. I don't want to." Olivia moved closer to him. Her body swayed sadly, forward.

Barba opened his arms wide, and pulled her into his embrace. "You don't have to." He whispered, kissing her hair. "I want to stay with you at your apartment tonight. Is that OK?"

"Yes." She mumbled into his shirt. "Stay with me."