Chapter 11

Rafael awoke, rubbed the sleep from his eyes,and gazed awe-stuck at the majestic creature sleeping beside him. He smiled with the knowledge that he, Rafael Barba, was the luckiest, most blessed man that ever was or ever would be. His mind drifted back to hours ago, when Olivia Benson kissed him. For years now he dreamed of her, and everything about her, they were spectacular dreams, dreams that left him calling out, and reaching for her. The kiss they shared was so much better than any dream, and it was real, and now she was sleeping in his bed, her face relaxed, and serene. "Good morning, Rafa." She said as her eyes opened.
"Good morning", he said with a smile. "How did you sleep?""Better than I have in my life. I love your bed, and you." She said, her voice still laced with sleep."And my T-shirt?" He questioned, moving closer to her. Last night, Olivia had crawled into bed beside him, wearing his Harvard T-shirt. It was the first time she had slept at his place, the first time she had slept in his bed. Now, he wasn't sure how he was going to sleep in this bed without her.
"It's so comfortable, I love your shirt." She said, moving toward him, and placing her head on his chest.
"Te amo. preciosa." He whispered, dropping a kiss on her head, He closed his eyes, content.
"Te amo." She whispered back. Seconds later, he groaned in protest when he felt the absence. of her head on his chest "Don't go, he said, feeling the bed shift. He watched as Olivia rushed out of the room in the direction of his bathroom. He groaned again,and followed her. He stood by the closed bathroom door, and waited. She emerged from the bathroom, still wearing his T-shirt.He leaned close to her, lingered for a few seconds, and whispered. "Wait for me." His breath caressed her ear." At those words he rushed into the bathroom. He returned to Olivia 5 minutes later, quickly wrapping his arms around her. He captured her lips, and she deepened the good morning kiss. It was a kiss of equals, full of longing and promise. "Do you have any doubt that I want you?""Well?" She answered, barely able to get the word out before his lips descended to hers again.He felt her body relax."I can't wait to see you in my Harvard Sweatshirt. Rafael said when they came up for air, his voice dripping with want, and seduction. She smiled, about to kiss him when she heard the familiar sound of FaceTime. She ran to Rafael's kitchen where she left her phone on a charger. Rafael followed, entering the room in time to hear Noah's voice. Olivia held the phone up in order to see her son."Hi Mommy!:" Noah exclaimed, waving"Hello, my sweet boy. Are you having fun?""Yes! Are you?" Olivia grinned from ear to ear. Rafael's heart swelled with pride, knowing that he was the cause of that smile.
"Yes." She answered, quickly glancing at Rafael."Did you have a sleepover?" Noah asked, happily."Yes.""Good" Noah replied, happily."Tell Mrs.Tenney that I will pick you up at 2.""OK. Mark, Mrs. Tenney, and I are going to the movies.""I know, sweet boy,""Is Uncle Rafa there?""I'm here, Noah!" Rafael said excitedly, coming into view."Hi, Uncle Rafa!" Noah said, waving. Are you making mommy breakfast?'Yes." He answered."What are you having?""It's up to your mom," He said, happily, watching another smile form on Olivia's face."Can you sleep over tonight, and make dinner?"
"I think so, Noah. I have to check with your mom.""OK. I have to go play now!" I love you Uncle Rafa!""I love you too, Noah." Rafael said, softly, trying not to get choked up.Before he could say anything else, Noah ended the call. He turned to Olivia with a wide smile, just as Olivia's phone rang.With a sigh, he handed her the phone. Olivia put the phone to her ear.
"Benson," She answered."Olivia?""Yes.""It's Katelyn.""Katelyn, what's wrong?: Are you somewhere safe?""Yes, I'm safe at my house now. I need you. Can you meet me for coffee at Arabica's?""I know where that is. Katelyn, did you contact the counselor?""Please meet with me." Katelyn begged, softly."Give me an hour.""Please, Olivia!" Katelyn yelled."I'll be there in 45 minutes." Olivia explained the phone call to Rafael quickly. She ran to get dressed, and when she was done, she managed to give Rafael a quick kiss before walking out the front door, calling. "Te amo."