↳ on site

Tommy Shelby x fem! Reader

Warnings: violence, swearing

Summary: Tommy didn't know what he was expecting when he organised a meeting with the leader of a new gang that had made Birmingham their home - but it certainly wasn't you.

word count: 1.2k

Part 1

The crisp winter air entered through the open window behind you causing a sharp shiver to be sent over your body and your teeth to chatter.

Tapping out the cigarette in between your fingers, you gave a final sigh at the paperwork in front of you before pushing up off your seat to close the window. Birmingham seemed so dull and grey since you had arrived two months ago, compared to your old home, London.

A knock on the door had you turning around just in time for a head of curly, red hair to poke in. A slender hand pushed open the door to reveal your book keeper; Dorothy.

"A Thomas Shelby is here to see you, Miss - said it was urgent."

With a soft hum, you gave her a nod and gestured for her to bring him in. Taking a seat, you checked that your gun was loaded and placed it under your right thigh. You weren't stupid – you knew who Thomas Shelby was; he seemed to be all your men talked about upon arriving in Small Heath – each one telling gruesome tales of the man.

The door opened once more and in walked Dorothy followed by a young man with striking blue eyes that immediately met yours. Dorothy gestured for him to have a seat in the chair on the opposite side of your desk, promptly shutting the door and leaning against it.

A tense silence settled throughout the atmosphere, the both of you staring at each other before you relaxed in your chair and spread your arms out.

"So what brings you here Mr. Shelby?" You questioned, a small smirk settling upon your lips.

"I was expecting this meeting to be in confidentiality," his gruff voice filled the room, making a simple hand gesture towards Dorothy so you understood what he was requesting.

"No can do, if you wish to speak to me you can also do so in front of my most trusted."

With a clenched jaw, Tommy stared you down again but you didn't shy away from his expression – a chuckle passing through your lips. "Are you trying to intimidate me Mr. Shelby?"

"Now, why would I do that?"

"I know who you are, Mr. Shelby." A cocky smirk grew on Tommy's face before it fell and he quickly wiped under his nose.

"Would it surprise you that people keep bringing me your name, Miss Y/L/N?" Raising your eyebrows, you gave him a silent gesture to continue. "Everybody seems to be impressed, but you see, I don't see all the fuss now that we're face-to-face. You seem harmless."

Your gaze hardened at his insult, your eyes noticing Dot reaching to her hip holster but you gave her a gentle shake of your head to signal no. Leaning across the desk, your eyes caught Tommy's again and you had to ignore the way your heart skipped a beat at the feeling of intimacy.

"Did you come into my office to just insult me, Mr. Shelby? Because I could honestly speak the same about yourself. Thomas fucking Shelby, the most feared of Birmingham, yet as you sit before me I don't feel one ounce of terror."

The harsh tone of Tommy's next words and actions were enough for Dorothy to release her pistol, the silver barrel pointed towards the back of Tommy's head.

"I'd be careful about your next words Miss. Y/L/N - I've been watching you and your men since you stepped off your fucking boat into Small Heath," he spat through gritted teeth, however you remained unfazed.

"I didn't take you for a spy Mr. Shelby."

"Well when a new gang arrives in a town where every boy and his dog talks, I know about it. I run things around here-"

"Alright that's quite enough Mr. Shelby," Dorothy's yell made him stop mid rant, turning on the balls of his feet to face her only to be met with the barrel of her gun in the middle of his forehead.A quiet snicker fell past Tommy's lips as the red headed woman didn't budge.

"You going to shoot me?"

"Dot, remove your weapon from Mr. Shelby's face, there's no need to turn this meeting violent," you sighed, watching as the young woman shot Tommy daggers with her eyes before letting the weapon drop from his head.

"Now Mr. Shelby, if you intended to hold this meeting to scare me away from doing my job here in Small Heath; you are mistaken. You are not the only one running a business, in fact if you sit back down I'm sure you and I could come to an arrangement."

A moment passed before Tommy sat back down in his seat, taking a cigarette from his coat pocket before placing it between his full lips - offering you one which you gratefully took. Without him needing to ask, you grabbed the lighter from your desk drawer, leaning over to light his before your own.

The smell of smoke filled the air as you both exhaled, holding the burning sticks between your fingers.

"What kind of arrangement were you proposing Miss. Y/L/N?" Tommy broke the silence, a curious expression settling upon his features.

"You can call me Y/N – formalities are not necessary."

The handsome man nodded, gesturing to himself, "Tommy."

"Right, Tommy - firstly, I would like you to understand that my business in Birmingham isn't going to change because you stormed into my office and started making demands."

"And what business might that be?" He inquired, tapping his cigarette over your ashtray that you had moved between the both of you.

"There's a man here who my father made a deal with before he was killed. He owes me and I intend to make his life hell until I get what I came for."

Tommy nodded, before gesturing towards you with his cigarette, "and what did you come for?"

"That part is none of your concern, but I have heard that you and your brothers are dealing with the same guy. All I ask is for us to join forces and take him out together, our alliance together can go from there."

"Who is it?"

With a heavy sigh, you shook your head before putting out your cigarette. "Goes by the name Billy Kimber, works for the fucking Birmingham Boys or something like that."

"Your father made a deal with the Birmingham boys?"

"We needed an allegiance, he found one. Once it was made he had my father shot at the races and tried to take our fucking resources. I want him dead and I want to be the one to put the bullet in the back of his fucking skull just like he did to my father."

"Alright, if I decide to have my business help yours - what would be my end of the deal?"

"Peace," you stated firmly, with a small shrug. "I'm not planning on leaving Small Heath any time soon, I think you're aware of that. Therefore, we can combine our forces, when you need a favour I'll be there and when I need a favour you'll be there."

Tommy leant back in his seat, you could tell he was going over your proposition in his head before making a decision - it wouldn't just impact you both, it would involve his family's business as well as yours.

Snubbing out his now small cigarette, Tommy rubbed his thighs before standing and holding out a hand to you, which you took – ignoring the way your body seemed to warm when your skin touched his.

"You've got yourself a deal Miss. Y/LN, however I can't just go on your word – write up a contract and bring it to the Garrison later this evening, I'll be expecting you."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Shelby."

"As it was with you, Y/N. My apologies for underestimating you."

A damn pleasure was right.