↳ set it off

Alfie Solomons x Shelby! reader

Warnings: swearing (it's Alfie and a Shelby, c'mon), mentions of violence

Request: can we get an imagine where shelby! sis moved to london like ada and somehow found herself with alfie, bumping into tommy when he meets up with alfie, tommy who hasn't seen her in a while

LONDON WAS THE city that allowed people to escape their demons and live out their dream lives.

You never understood why people loved London so much, it was almost as bland as Small Heath – perhaps, the nightlife had more vigour than your home town, but that was about it. Until you moved there.

The move was your aunt Polly's idea after an inspector had blatantly threatened your life if your older brother didn't follow his 'rules.' Tommy had agreed, practically packing your bags for you before sending you on your merry way with the promise to send someone for you when business was taken care of.

However, after a couple of months of staying with your sister, Ada, you hadn't heard anything from Tommy – even after you had sent him numerous letters and phoned continuously. It was as if he had forgotten about you.

So with a heavy heart, you decided to get on with your life in the city that had become your life. It had taken a while for you to get on your feet, having eventually found a job as an accountant at a nearby dressmakers – eventually saving enough money to move out of Ada's and purchase your own house.

For a while you got used to the normality of your life – figuring this was why your sister loved it so much. There were no threats made towards your life, nor was there the familiar sound and smell that came with gunfire. Your life was completely and utterly normal.

Until you met him.

Alfie Solomons was a man that you could never quite figure out. Where you were hot, he was cold. Where you were docile, he was rough. Polar opposites, yet you somehow found yourselves tangled in an intricate web together.

The first time you met Alfie was at a pub that your work colleagues had dragged you to. You had taken the time to get dolled up, walking with your group of friends from work to the bar – only to have them ditch you in favour of a group of men in the corner of the club.

You didn't particularly mind, instead you sat twirling the Irish whisky in your glass as you watched them dance wildly. You didn't notice the figure taking a seat across from you until they let out a deep cough.

Sharply turning your head, your eyes met the gentleman's across from you, a hint of a small smile from under his ginger beard made you curious. Before you could utter a single word, the man had began to speak, his voice bellowing over the loud music.

"You're just as pretty as everyone says," he complimented you, leaning back in his chair. "When I heard, yeah, that a Shelby was in my pub, I immediately thought it was those brothers of yours comin' to stir up trouble."

Placing your glass on the table separating you from the man, you placed your arms in-front of yourself, leaning slightly forward.

"So you've heard of my family then," you rolled your eyes. "And considering the only name that is plastered around this damn place is Alfie Solomons and this is your pub, I'm going to assume that you're Alfie."

Alfie let out a hum at your words, placing his own arms on the table, sliding your glass over to himself. A chuckle left his lips as he lifted the glass under his nose.

"Irish. Just like your fuckin' brother, eh?"

"Better than the gin you sell in this goddamn place. Now I can tell you Mr. Solomons, that gin is better for horses than people."