↳ envy

Isaiah Jesus x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: swearing, jealous! isaiah, and a whole lot of fluff

Request: Love your Shelby sister x Isaiah works! Could you do a angsty one as well please?:)

word count: 1.7k

Isaiah Jesus was not a man who got jealous easy. Well, at least, he told himself that.

Tommy had called for a family meeting, only this time it was to introduce the Gold family to the business – which meant you were forced to interact with Aberama Gold's son; Bonnie and Isaiah hated it. So with piercing eyes, Isaiah watched you from across the room.

You had started seeing Isaiah without your families knowledge almost five months ago and had fallen hard for him since. When Isaiah had first asked you out, there was always that little voice in the back of your mind reminding you that your brothers would have his head if they ever found out. Especially Tommy, who was more than a little protective of you.

But you had always had a soft spot for the preachers son who was required to walk you home whenever your brothers weren't around. So when Isaiah asked you out, you had more than a little to drink and you were always an honest drunk.

The cheers from inside the Garrison were loud enough that you could hear them all the way down Watery Lane as Isaiah walked you home – Polly instructed you both to go sleep off the alcohol before the job the family was relying on you to do tomorrow.

Stopping outside your door, Isaiah gripped your elbow gently so you wouldn't open it – a tipsy giggle slipping past your lips.

"Sia?" You slurred slightly, leaning slightly against him as he tried to stabilise you both in his sobering haze.

"Y/N," he beamed, placing both his palms on your cheeks to pull you up to look at him. "Go out with me! I mean- you should go out with me, if you want to?"

Without hesitation, you pulled away slightly to give the rambling boy a peck on his lips – knowing that while you would have a killer hangover tomorrow, you weren't going to regret your choice.

"Yes Isaiah, I'll go out with you."

That was the beginning of your secret rendezvous with Isaiah. You would find yourself sneaking out of the house after the clock striked midnight to go walking around Small Heath with your boyfriend or Isaiah would climb through your window – spending the night in your bed until the sun rose and he had to climb back out before your aunt came to wake you up.

Everything was good and well, you and Isaiah were pathetically in love with one another – content with having to hide it from your family for as long as it takes if it means you get to be together.

However, it seemed like your brother had another idea.

Tommy had introduced you to Bonnie Gold a week ago, when he took you to the boxing ring. The Gypsy boy instantly took a liking to you, which you tried your hardest to ignore, but to anyone with eyes it was obvious to see that Bonnie had already began to develop a crush on the second youngest Shelby.

Polly and Aberama thought it was adorable, thinking that you were deliberately ignoring Bonnie's attempts to woo you because you had never had someone fawn over you before. But it annoyed Isaiah to no end, constantly having to hear Finn and Michael talk about how Bonnie Gold tried to get your attention that particular day.

Bonnie. Bonnie. Bonnie.

Isaiah had never wanted to punch another man so badly.

You, on the other hand, had no clue just how jealous Isaiah was or that he was currently glaring daggers towards you and Bonnie who were sitting together, Bonnie talking animately about the time he and his family found a lake and he got to see flock of ducklings.