↳ be my baby

Isaiah Jesus x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: violence, swearing, smut

Request: You only wrote one sister! shelby fic and I'm in love with it💗 can i request a sister shelby and isaiah imagine ✨

word count: 1.6k

A/N: i'm kinda obsessed with the whole secret relationship trope so here ya go

The atmosphere in the family meeting was tense.

It wasn't because Tommy had pissed John off causing them to hurl insults at one another or because Finn had decided to include himself in business like he usually does – resulting in a scolding from your aunt Polly.

No, it was because both yourself and Isaiah were in the same room, and whenever you are in the same vicinity as the other it throws the entire atmosphere off.

"It's because of the fucking sexual tension," John had exclaimed one day, tired of your constant whining about the boy. "If you weren't my sister and he wasn't one of the only blokes in the Blinders that I liked – I would tell you both to just fuck and get it over with."

What he, and your family, didn't know was that you and Isaiah were doing just that.

The first time you had met the boy was when your cousin Michael invited you out to the Garrison for some drinks with him, Finn and one of their friends – which you accepted. Michael was insistent to you that you and his "best mate" Isaiah were going to get along like a house on fire, but much to his dismay you both immediately clashed.

To you, Isaiah was a down right jerk. He ignored your polite handshake when you were introduced, refused to let you drink alcohol on the basis that you were a female - to which you cracked a good ol' Shelby temper tantrum at, resulting in you pouring the whiskey in your hand all over his new pressed suit.

To Isaiah, you were the pretentious Shelby princess. He hated the way that you had everyone wrapped around your finger – being able to get anyone to do what you wanted. He hated that you could do no wrong in the eyes of everyone in Birmingham – you could kill a hundred people and people would still praise you like you were the greatest thing on Earth.

This went on for months, the both of you making snarky remarks whenever you were in the same room, him undermining your ideas during meetings and you telling him to shut up every time he opened his mouth; until Tommy snapped at you both, sending you both to fetch a shipment and "sort your shit out while you're fuckin' at it."

And some sorting you both did.

It started with you both practically screaming for all of Birmingham to hear at each other down by the cut, before you were laying flat on the ground, clothes in a pile next to you both as Isaiah's lips were feverishly pressed against yours, his hips grinding into your own.

"Nobody can know this happened," you had rushed out, trying to brush all the dirt off your dress. Your head snapping up when you heard him laugh. "I mean it, Isaiah. If my brothers find out you can say goodbye to your eyesight – friend or not."

"Alright, princess. If that's what you want," he shook his head, a gentle smile on his face before he began removing the weeds from your hair. "This can be our little secret."

From that moment on, the vow was sealed between you both. You were confidentially together, often finding yourself sneaking out of the house when the clock strikes midnight; rushing to meet Isaiah by your spot at the cut or having him climb in through your window. However, whenever you were around your family and friends, you both continued your game of pretend.