↳ blame game

Alfie Solomons x Shelby! reader

Warnings: violence, swearing, smut

Request: would you be able to write a sister!shelby x alfie please :) maybe that tommy finds out that her and alfie have been seeing each other

word count: 3.6k

Being John Shelby's twin sister was complex.

Your brothers adored you from the moment you were born, their first sister – but from the instant you were placed in Tommy's arms; you were safe, the silent vow to always protect you passing through his lips the instant your tiny hand grabbed his finger.

Growing up, you gained the title of the Shelby's angel. While John was out causing havoc at every moment, you were at home – helping your aunt Pol and young Ada look after your baby brother, Finn. Somehow always being the one to settle him and managing to find a way to put a smile on everyone's face no matter who they were.

With this adoration from your family and everyone you met, came overprotectiveness. You were never allowed to step foot in family meetings, nor were you even allowed to hold a gun – the first time you had asked Arthur to teach you to shoot had almost ended up with him breaking all of Polly's China plates.

While you appreciated your family caring about you, it can be almost suffocating to have your every move dictated by your older brothers. This obviously led to you never being able to date like a normal girl your age – any boy you were interested in had to go through the "Peaky interrogation" and nobody in their right mind wanted to do that.

By the time you were eighteen you had enough and decided to date secretly. Henry Joseph was a kind and reliable boy, weary at first to date a Shelby; but nonetheless found himself smitten with you, just like everyone else. You began sneaking out in the early hours of the morning to see him and slipping back into your room just before sunrise to avoid being seen.

Everything was good and you felt like a normal girl your age – infatuated with the boy you loved. What you didn't count on was this all crashing down when your uncle Charlie caught you both making out down by the cut and informed your brothers.

The boys didn't even speak to you before they had hunted Henry down and threatened him – causing him to break up with you because he didn't want to "fuck with the Peaky Blinders." Rage burned behind your eyes as you stormed down Watery Lane, people moving out of your way; not used to seeing the angel of the Shelby family with so much anger.

Slamming open the house doors, you stormed into the betting shop – not caring who was around. The boys all turned their attention to you, Tommy at the head of the table – eyebrows furrowed at the scene you were causing.

"You guys are fucking assholes!" You yelled through gritted teeth, hands waving in the air as you pointed at each of them. "How fucking dare you?!"

Shock settled in when they heard the curse word fly from your mouth – so much fury emitting from just one word.

"Y/N, why don't you sit down and we can talk about whatever has your panties in a twist," Tommy tried, looking at you with a pointed gaze.

"Oh! So now you want to talk to me? You couldn't have done that before you decided to threaten my fucking boyfriend?!"

Standing up, John placed his hand on your arm and muttered a gentle, "Y/N-" but you forcibly pushed him away from you, causing him to slightly stumble back.

"No! Don't you dare try to fucking reason with me right now John! I fucking hate all of you!" You sneered, slamming your hands down on the table. "Do you know how hard it is for me to find someone to even be friends with? I was lucky that Henry even fucking looked at me, but now the one person in this shithole that actually liked me just broke up with me because of you! Fuck you all!"