↳ phases

Isaiah Jesus x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: swearing, smut and a whole lot of fluff

Request: please more isiah x shelby! reader stuff maybe one where shes finns twin and her and isiah have been in love for a while

word count: 3.1k

The first time you had met Isaiah Jesus was when your aunt Polly took you and your twin brother, Finn, to church. The pair of you had been nothing but trouble that day for your aunt, causing her to become fed up – taking both of you by your ears into the building where Jeremiah Jesus was preaching.

With a lot of huffing and rolled eyes, you and Finn sat on opposite sides of Polly, 'need to bloody seperate the pair of you', she had angrily hissed. So with arms crossed over your chest as you turned your head and refused to look at the older woman who was silently chastising you and your brother.

There, sat in the pew to your left was a young boy, having to only be a few years older than your twelve-year-old self – his curious eyes watching you as you held an attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" He whispered, leaning slightly closer to you so you could hear him. "Why are you angry in the Lords house?"

"Why are you talking to me, shouldn't you be listening?" You snapped back, gesturing to the alter.

With a wide grin at your sass the boy only shrugged, turning his attention to his father who was vivaciously talking to the few people who had come to the mid-day service.

About five minutes passed before you felt a kick to your ankle, ignoring it you kept your eyes facing forward until the boy twisted so he could whisper in your ear.

"I'm Isaiah," he grinned, when you tried to stomp on his foot with your own. "The preachers son."

"Nice," you muttered, knowing that your aunt Polly was listening in on your conversation with disappointed eyes, knowing that the 'church is no time for personal matters' speech would come along when you got home.

The boy only chuckled in response, straightening his slanted tie. "Don't I get to know your name too?"

"Y/N Shelby."

Giving you an award-winning gap-toothed grin, Isaiah held out his hand for you to shake with a cheeky chuckle as he mimicked your earlier words.

"Nice."

From that point onward Isaiah had weaved his way into your life. The troublesome trio was what everyone around Small Heath had taken upon calling you, Finn and the Jesus boy.

The three of you loved to get in trouble, and while many people looked down on you for choosing to run around barefoot in the mud after you brother and best friend instead of remaining inside, you couldn't care less as you got older.

"She's got more Gypsy blood in her than any of you," Polly had snickered to Tommy as she watched you race down the raining road of Watery Lane – Arthurs cap in your hands as your eldest brother yelled for you to get back. Her smile widening when she watched you hide behind Jeremiah's son.

Tommy hummed at her words, taking a drag from his cigarette. "She's going to cause nothing but problems for us as she gets older. Trouble. Absolute trouble."

And some trouble you were, everybody, especially your brothers, knew you were a rascal – from putting rocks in the soles of their shoes to ripping out the last page of the books they were reading so they would never know how they ended. You did it all, often roping Isaiah into helping, the boy never being able to say no to you.