↳ daisies

Tommy Shelby x fem! Reader

Warnings: violence, swearing

Summary: you have always loved tommy, and tommy has always loved you - sometimes love just needs a little push.

word count: 1.9k 

I made some changes to Tommy and Grace's relationship for the sake of the fic

You were running around the school yard the first time he saw you. Your hair in two tight pigtails that swung with every step you took, you pretty white dress flowing out around you as you picked up little daisies on your way. A soft hum echoed from your throat - an indistinguishable song that he was sure he had heard before.

In that moment, he knew you were the one for him.

With an unusual pep in his step on the way home from school, he rushed into his home immediately exclaiming to his aunt Polly, and brothers; Arthur and John that he had met his future wife.

"She's beautiful aunt Polly, has the voice of a... a songbird!"

Polly cooed at the young boy, his blue eyes bright with wonder as he tried to form words to describe the girl. His brothers were teasing him relentlessly, causing Polly to huff and tell them to sod off.

With a gentle smile, she patted her knee as she sat on the couch - causing the eleven year old to grin before taking his rightful place on her lap as he had done for years.

"What's her name, Thomas?"

A small frown settled over his soft features, eyebrows creasing as realisation set in. "Well... I didn't get the chance to talk to her."

The sound of Arthur and John's roaring laughter and comments of 'you don't know your wife's name?' had Polly immediately scolding them and sending them to fetch her tea.

Placing a kiss on her nephews forehead, she tilted his chin with her pointer finger so he was looking up at her. "Why don't you find the lass tomorrow at school and talk to her, yeah?"

So that's exactly what he did.

The next time he saw you, you were dancing around the yard without a care in the world about who was watching you. Tommy knew that if your teacher saw you, she would scold you for letting your skirt flow up in the wind and tell you to be "more lady-like," but you were enticing.

With a racing heart, Tommy picked a few daisies from the patch beside him, before walking over to you. You hadn't noticed him, too caught up in your daydreams to see the timid boy with a handful of crushed flowers.

A poke to your shoulder caused you to abruptly turn around, causing Tommy's eyes to widen at the sight of you up close. You were so pretty, Tommy had confirmed his thoughts in that moment – the prettiest girl in the world.

"...Yes?" You questioned after a beat of silence, voice smooth like honey.

"I, uh – got these for you," Tommy shyly replied back, opening his hand to reveal the definitely ruined flowers. "I saw you pick some yesterday."

A smile grew on your face as you took a couple of the flowers from him – leaving one in his hands. Before he could stop himself, Tommy was tucking it behind your left ear.

"How does it look?"

"Absolutely breathtaking."

From that moment, you and Thomas Shelby were inseparable. People knew that when they saw Tommy, you usually weren't too far behind - and vice versa. The pair of you worked in perfect sync, always knowing the others next move before they had even thought of it themselves.