↳ seasonal love

Tommy Shelby x fem! Reader

Warnings: age gap (set in season 1 era – reader is 20, where tommy is 29), soft! tommy, slight violence, smut

Summary: In which Tommy Shelby seasonally falls for a younger woman – you.

word count: 2.1k

this is different from my usual writing style and idk how i feel about it but anywhore enjoy!!

He truly saw you for the first time in the Winter.

With a frost bitten nose and coat wrapped tightly around your figure as you stepped into the betting shop – pure, was the only word that came to his mind. As pure as a fucking angel.

He watches as you are immediately cornered by his aunt Polly – the older woman's laugh echoing through the halls at something you say. You're young, he knew that from the moment you walked into his office, determination behind your innocent eyes as you asked him for a job.

A blinder, is what you asked to become. You wanted to be a fucking blinder. He immediately shut the idea down, offering you a place in the betting shop working with his aunt. You settled for it, slightly defeated.

He watched you as you walked through the multitude of men in the room, their eyes following your figure as you passed. You were an effortless beauty, one that didn't know her graces – he wanted to tell you, but he couldn't.

So he settled on letting his gaze flicker from the papers on his desk to you – watching you from afar. He followed as you stopped at the desk of his younger brother, John's eyes lighting up when you began talking to him about something that he couldn't decipher from so far away.

Someone young, he thinks. She deserves someone young like her.

He watches you place a kiss upon his brothers cheek as you round his desk before walking away – the young Shelby boy staring after you with what can only be described as lovestruck affection.

He unintentionally groans as you pass by his office door, the sight of your stockings from under your skirt causing heat to cover every square inch of his skin – igniting it like a fire, that only you could put out with your touch.

Your steps pause as you look into his office, Tommy's head in his hands as he tries to stop his mind from racing with countless thoughts of you – reminding himself of what he can't have.

He can't see the conflict that happens between your head and heart. He doesn't see your hand reach out to knock on his door, you wanting to ask him if he was okay. He doesn't see your figure physically deflate as you decide against it, quickly walking away before anyone catches you.

Too young, you remind yourself. Too young for a man as mature as him.

~~~~~~~~~

He speaks to you, for real, in Spring.

You're standing behind him at the cut, none of his family being available to come along as backup for the business deal with a Scottish gang – so he resorted to his last option which was you.

"Stay behind me," he mumbles as a boat begins its decent towards you. There's a gun in the hem of your skirt – for protection, he told you.

"If they try anything just shoot 'em," he instructed, placing the cold metal weapon in your shaking hands; holding them with his warm ones.

"Shoot them?"

"Politely," he chuckled, offering you a reassuring grin. He knew if it came down to it, you would do as he asked – no questions. But he still couldn't stop the hatred that was bubbling in his chest for having to put you in danger.