↳ forever and a day

Bonnie Gold x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: smut and a whole lot of tooth-rotting fluff

Request: I finally found a acc that writes good shelby reader fics can you write a shelby sis with bonnie gold

word count: 1.5k

The first time you had met Bonnie Gold was after your brothers funeral.

You had been so mad at Tommy for using John's vardo burning as a beacon to start the war between the Blinders and Italian's that you slapped him across the face and stormed away to the stables – the place you felt safest to cry and let your anger out before being calmed by the horses.

A true Gypsy girl, is what Polly had called you when Tommy brought you home after finding you hiding out there for the first time, after your father left. Your sleeping seven-year-old self cradled in his arms as he carried you inside, hay stuck in your hair and stockings from falling asleep on the bales.

This particular time, your eighteen year-old-self was back on those same hay bales, legs pulled up to your chest as you buried your head in your arms crossed over yours knees – sobs echoing throughout the stables.

John was dead and Tommy used the one moment you could take to say goodbye to him to his selfish advantage.

The sound of footsteps echoed on the ground; you didn't dare to look up thinking it was Tommy. You didn't want to see him or talk to him, but you also knew he was the only one who knew this was where you came when you got in a mood.

"Miss Shelby?" A soft voice called out to you, your head wearily lifting when it didn't resemble your brothers gruff tone from years of smoking.

Your eyes scanned in front of you, landing on the Romani boy that came along with his father your brother had hired – Aberama Gold. His eyebrows were furrowed as he stared at you, left arm holding the reigns of his brown and white cob.

"Are you okay, Miss?" He asked after a beat of silence, walking the horse into the area beside you – tying the ropes to the post before looking up at you as you quickly wiped your eyes.

"Yeah," you mumbled, hopping down from the pile of hay before brushing off your dress. "I'm fine..." You waited for him to introduce himself.

With a grin that sent your heart into a flurry, he held out his hand for you to shake – a small blush coating his cheeks.

"Bonnie, the names Bonnie Gold."

"Well Bonnie Gold, you can call me Y/N," you began, walking towards his horse, giving it a pat on the back. "What's this fine beasts name?"

"He doesn't have one."

"That's a shame," you tutted, looking towards the boy who was watching your every move with a soft smile on his face. "Every horse deserves a name."

Beaming, Bonnie walked over beside you – holding out a brush that you took. "That they do. We bought him off the Lee family when we crossed paths. Haven't thought much about names – what do you suggest?"

Your mouth opened in shock as you turned towards the boy who was now brushing the legs of the horse, his head lifting to look up at you when you didn't respond.

"Y-you want me to name your horse, Mr. Gold?" You stuttered, shocked at his proposal.

"Can't have a pretty girl crying on my watch," he shrugged, beginning to brush the horse again before nodding towards your hand, gesturing for you to crouch down next to him, showing you how to brush the coat properly.