↳ doves

Isaiah Jesus x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: swearing, smut and a whole lot of fluff

Request: Can I ask for more Isiah x reader maybe where he's got a playboy personality but he ends up just being a total dork around reader (could be Shelby!reader or not, I don't mind either way)

word count: 2.6k

As a Shelby you were naturally rough around the edges.

You and your twin brother Finn grew up surrounded by danger, guns, and the fair share of blood shed by and from your older brothers – never really been taught how to be soft and gentle.

Finn's best friend, Isaiah Jesus, however is a man of many characteristics – you knew that. But it was as though his favourite was being a ladies charmer. It seemed like every time you, Finn, your cousin Michael and Isaiah went for drinks, the boy found himself a new lady.

That night was no different – a petite blonde girl, with perfectly curled hair and a silky pink dress was perked upon his lap as he whispered nothings in her ear. You recognised her from when you went to school, Dorothy Hanaghan, the girl who used to pull your pigtails and kick the back of your chair until you got fed up and almost stabbed her hand with a pencil.

Your heart broke a little as you watched the interaction from behind your glass of whiskey in the private Shelby booth in the Garrison. You had naturally developed a crush on the Jesus boy; spending as much time with him as you did with Finn – maybe even more.

You fell in love with the way he would help tie the laces of your boots when you were in a rush to go out and help with the illegal side of business, or how he would make sure to carry a ribbon on his right wrist incase you wanted to tie your hair up.

You fell in love with his eyes that were coloured amber and when the sun hit them just right they resembled the gold that people spent years desperately trying to pull from the ground.

You fell in love with how his hands always held yours with nothing but tenderness although his palms were calloused and rough. The way his laugh would fill any room and his tiny freckles that coated his cheeks and the bridge of his nose – the small details that others wouldn't take time to notice.

You fell in love with how completely thoughtful and astonishing Isaiah Jesus was – and foolishly believed he felt the same about you.

Reaching for the bottle of alcohol in between both you and Finn who was talking to Harry, the bartender and Michael, the poor men nodding along with the youngest Shelby's argument over why filly's were better than mares.

Your hand reached into the pocket of Finn's disregarded coat for a cigarette and lighter; finding both easily. Not bothering to pour the alcohol into a glass, you took a swig straight from the bottle, lighting the cigarette in between your fingers – switching between smoking and drinking.

Your eyes refused to listen to your brain that was telling you not to look past the door – your attention naturally being drawn to the boy who had your entire heart in his hands and he had no idea. His wide grin lit up his features as he playfully nipped Dorothy's neck, her laugh echoing throughout the Garrison – a painful reminder that he wasn't yours.

Clasping the nose of the bottle in your left hand so tight it almost shattered, you felt a single tear slide down your cheek, quickly putting the bottle down to wipe it away. You didn't notice Michael's eyes that were intently watching you, his gaze darting between you and Isaiah in the booth outside – the desperate urge to go over to Isaiah and slap him silly fuelling his body.

To Michael, Isaiah had to be the dumbest, blindest and possibly most pathetic man he had ever met. Every time the pair got together without the presence of a Shelby, Isaiah always found himself ranting to best friend about something 'utterly adorable' that you had done that day or always found a way to bring you up in conversation.