↳ until we meet again

Bonnie Gold x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: angsttttt, death :"(, (i like pretending that ep 5x02 didn't happen but here i am writing about it)

Request: some angst with Bonnie and shelby sis?

word count: 1.7k

You were the most well put together out of the Shelby family. At least, that's what people of Small Heath would tell everyone.

You were able to calm your siblings, especially Tommy, when they got set in a blaze of nothing but fury. You made sure to visit your older neighbours regularly and made sure they were safe and taken care of. You visited the orphanage and took the time out of your busy schedule every Friday to sit and read to all the children who admired you.

Y/N Shelby was an angel born in hell.

But if those same people who spoke those words were to see you now, you're not quite sure how they would act. You looked like a walking disaster, from the black makeup stains that lined under your eyes to the skirt you haven't had the energy to change out of for the three days. You were completely and utterly broken.

You watched as the vardo in front of you bursted into flames causing soft tears to fall down your puffed cheeks. The same vardo that you shared so many memories with him in. Your Bonnie.

You knew that your family were watching you from the corners of their eyes – you choosing to stand away from the small crowd that have come to honour your love with Bonnie's father, Aberama.

The older man had taken your hand in his, trying to anchor you both to reality before you lost yourselves in pain.

It wasn't long before you couldn't be there any longer, squeezing Aberama's hand once before turning on your heels – walking into the open field, away from the memorial.

Reaching a clearing, you sat on the edge of a small lake before letting yourself finally break. Your cries came out pained and in gasps, your hand clutching your shirt while you tried to breathe.

He was gone. Your Bonnie was gone and there was nothing you could do to bring him back.

You could still remember the moment that you had found out, you had left the campsite early that morning with Polly – despite not wanting to. But Tommy wanted the family to attend a gala he had organised now that he was politically involved, which is what you did.

You had spent the entire night glued to your brother, Finn's side – until you noticed Tommy storm towards the door to his house, pulling his gun from his waistband.

So with rushed footsteps, you pushed past all the rich snobs to catch sight of a sobbing Aberama yelling and pointing a gun towards Johnny Dogs, while your brother tried to get him to put the weapon down.

With a deep from, you had rushed towards the three men – hoping to be able to talk some sense into Aberama who had taken you under his wing as soon as he found out you were dating his son.

"What the fuck is going on?" You called out, bunching up your skirt as you made your way down the steps and onto the gravel that made the soles of your black heels turn grey.

Tommy was quick to turn to you with wide eyes, waving a hand in your direction for you to stop.

"Y/N, get inside!" He ordered, anyone else would've been smart to follow his instructions, but you ignored him.

Walking towards Aberama who was still manically waving his gun in the air, you softly grasped his hands in yours – taking the cold metal weapon from his grasp.