↳ wedding woes

Bonnie Gold x Shelby! sister reader

Warnings: a whole lot of tooth-rotting fluff, a little angsty, worried babies!!

Request: can you do more shelby! sis with bonnie where they get into a fight because of the stress of the wedding

word count:1.2k

You were known to overthink things.

It wasn't a trait that was common within your family, they always seemed to act first and think later. You, unlike your siblings, tended to mull over an idea for so long that it ends up scaring you out of doing it.

You didn't want it to be that way with your wedding.

However, as you stood in-front of your aunt and sister as they tried to hem your wedding dress you couldn't help the nagging feeling that crept up on you. Smoothing your hands down the soft baby blue fabric, you hurried off the stool Polly had made you stand on, spinning around to face the two women staring at you in confusion.

"I can't do it," you swallowed thickly, tears beginning to cloud in your eyes. "Pol, I don't think I can do it."

Furrowing her brows, Polly removed the pin that she had in-between her teeth to question you. "Can't do what?"

"Get married."

With a heavy sigh, Polly watched as you broke down into tears – a mix of pregnancy hormones and being terrified. The older woman pulled you into her comforting arms as you fell to the floor, Ada quickly moving to sit on your left.

"What has you so worried?" Polly inquired, as you leant into her hold like you did when you were a child and woke from the nightmares that brought you to tears.

"What if I'm not the wife he needs?" You doubted yourself. "What if he wakes up years down the road and realises that I'm not what he wanted?"

Polly was just about to scold you for being so daft that you couldn't see that Bonnie would move Heaven and Hell just to make you happy, when Ada interjected.

"You know I was scared out of my wits when I married Freddie," your older sister wiped away your tears with the pads of her thumbs. "I was pregnant like you, didn't have a clue how to be a mother, let alone someones fucking wife! But I figured it out. Granted I didn't have that long to do it, but I did and if I had the chance to do it all over again I wouldn't change a damn thing."

It was no secret that you thought you weren't good enough for Bonnie – it was in the Shelby name, you would tell him. With a sigh, you quietly asked Polly to help you out of your dress so you didn't ruin it with stains from the black kohl of your mascara that had begun to run down your cheeks.

You didn't hear the sound of the front door downstairs opening or rushed footsteps running up the stairs as you broke down into another set of tears. You didn't see the way that Bonnie's bright smile instantly faded and his hand holding a bouquet of roses fell to his side at your words – his head peeking in through the gap in the door.

"I can't do it," you had fallen into your aunts arms, the stress finally catching up to you. "I can't get married."

You didn't see him walk away.

~~~~~~~~

Bonnie had been ignoring you.

That much you were certain of. He barely uttered more than three words to you, turned his back to you when you both got into bed at night and left before you woke up – leaving you confused.

It had taken you a full three days of trying to talk to him and having your words fall on deaf ears for you to finally confront him. Rolling over in bed, you watched as Bonnie got ready for the day – putting on his suit, as you sat up and cleared your throat.

"Bon," you softly called out and as expected you received no response – causing you to become snappier; fed up with him ignoring you. "Bonnie."

The sudden change in your tone had Bonnie glancing towards you before he let out a huff at your frown – running a hand down his face.

"What?" He questioned, tossing his tie on the bed as he threw his arms out in exasperation.

Raising a pointed brow towards his attitude, you shuffled towards the end of the bed – reaching out for him. You couldn't help the small sigh of relief that escaped your parted lips when he didn't pull away from your touch and instead let you guide him to sit on the mattress beside you.

"Are you going to ignore me forever or are you going to tell me what's bothering you?"

Bonnie refused to meet your intense gaze as he responded – clearing his throat a couple of times while running his clammy hands up and down his thighs.

"When were you going to tell me?" He mumbled, causing you to become even more confused.

"Tell you what? Bonnie, what are you talking about?"

Finally lifting his head to look towards you – you instantly noticed the tears that clouded his pretty eyes that reminded you of the sunsets that graced Small Heath once in a blue-moon.

"You don't want to get married," he sighed, running a shaky hand through his knotty curls. "I overheard you talking about it with Pol and Ada. When were you going to tell me?"

You swore you had never felt your heart break more than when you saw nothing but pain and despair on Bonnie's face – his tears finally falling as he looked back down to the floor of his vardo; his hands furiously wiping them away.

Without thinking you shifted so you were straddling him, gently cupping his cheeks as you wiped away the tear tracks on his flushed cheeks with the pads of your thumbs. Bonnie let out a shaky breath locking eyes with you as you gently shook your head.

"Bon, I still want to marry you," you held his face steady, making sure he understood your words clearly. "What you overheard was me panicking. You know that I want to marry you – to love you for the rest of my life. But, you also know that I have never thought I'm good for you."

Bonnie was quick to rest his forehead against yours – letting out a sigh of relief that didn't go missed by you as he wrapped his arms around your waist and tugged you closer.

"You want to marry me?"

"I've never wanted to do something more Bon, I swear it. I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you – I never want to hurt you."

Bonnie pressed a kiss to your nose before burying his face in the crook of your neck, littering your skin with tender kisses – he had always been a man who showed his affection through physical touch.

"I'm sorry I ignored you," he mumbled as he lifted his head. "I should've spoken to you about it instead of ignoring you. I just thought that maybe you'd tell me without me prompting you to."

"All is forgiven," you grinned. "Now give me a kiss!"

Bonnie heartedly giggled, turning you both around so you laid on the mattress as he climbed over you – pressing his lips to yours; both of you smiling into it.

"I can't wait to marry you," he muttered in-between kisses, his words getting lost on your tongue. You chuckled, sincerely speaking the same words back as you got lost in your love – being encased in nothing but Bonnie.

"I can't wait to marry you!"