↳ femme fatale

Alfie Solomons x Shelby! reader

Warnings: violence, swearing, angsty, shitty ending

Request: can we get another sister! shelby x alfie where its the episode where alfie teams up with sabini and gets arthur beat up and arrested and how the reader would react

word count: 1.8k

Your heels clicked against the gravel beneath your feet - face showing nothing but sheer determination. People briskly moved out of your way, obviously not wanting to annoy an angry Shelby off more.

You were focused – fury burning behind your eyes, face set in stone ever since Tommy had informed you of the incident. The entire train ride to London had never seemed so long and bothering before – but that enthusiastic feeling was for when you were excited to see the man waiting for you in his office.

Storming into the distillery, the heads of workers lifted at the sound of the doors slamming open – in familiar Shelby fashion. Ollie's eyes caught yours, immediately bounding over to you with an eager greeting of "good afternoon Miss. Shelby."

Holding up a palm to stop him talking, you only glanced around the room; hoping to catch sight of the recognisable Jewish man.

"It won't be a good fucking afternoon in a moment, Ollie," you gritted, everyone immediately taking notice of your enraged tone. "Where the fuck is Alfred?"

Turning to face your boyfriends right hand man who was sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck, you shot him a look that had his face falling. Nobody was used to seeing this side of you; so fucking mad at Alfie – a blaze coursing through your body.

Everybody who worked for Alfie adored you, although you were a Shelby; you didn't seem like one – some people even going as far as to say that perhaps you weren't biologically part of the family due to how compassionate you are. But if they were to see you at the moment, they would see how terribly wrong they are.

Your jaw was clenched tight like Ollie had seen Tommy do a multitude of times since his boss had began working with your family and he knew you weren't fucking around.

"He's in his office Miss," he spluttered, "he wasn't expecting you back so soon."

"Yeah? Well I wouldn't be here if your boss wasn't a fucking bastard with no morals!"

Not even waiting for Ollie to lead you to Alfie's office like usual, you shoved past him – you would apologise later – and barged into the room. Your eyes immediately caught sight of Alfie hunched over a bunch of papers; glasses perched on the bridge of his nose as he read through them.

"Fuck sake Ollie, didn't your mother teach you how to knock on a fucking door?" He didn't even lift his gaze as he began berating Ollie as you stood there, arms crossed over your chest.

"Maybe it's just in my gypsy roots to not knock," you snarked, an unimpressed look on your face.

Alfie's head perked up at the sound of your voice, a smile gracing his lips as he dropped the pen in his hand and held his arms open; letting his glasses fall off his face and hang around his neck.

"Well, isn't this a fuckin' surprise, yeah it is innit – what are you doing back so soon, love?"

"Don't act fucking innocent, Alfred."

Raising his eyebrows, Alfie ran his hand down his face before playing with his beard – leaning back in his chair. "Right, well there's my full fuckin' name, means I'm in trouble, yeah, most definitely in fuckin' trouble with the missus."