↳ teenagers in love

Bonnie Gold x Shelby! sister reader

Request: part two where the Shelby's find out about them 💖

word count: 2.4k

If there was one thing the Shelby family detested the most it would be liars.

You could count on your one hand how many times you had gotten in trouble for telling a lie – but the one that stuck out more than the others was the time you were fourteen and lied about going out with some friends in order to see a boy.

Sebastian Duncan was a two-years your senior and you were besotted with the raven-haired boy who seemed to feel the same about you. His father worked with your brothers, which meant that if you both got caught you could rest assured that you would never see him again.

So every Friday night, you pretended that you were going down to the cut with a couple of friends when in reality you would wait for Sebastian. What you didn't count on that particular night was your uncle Charlie still working when you arrived hand in hand with the boy – the older man immediately finding your brothers to tell them. Snitch.

You never found out about what your brothers did to Sebastian or his father, but you never saw him again after that night and had gotten into a terrible scolding from your brothers.

Sneaking around with Bonnie felt like you were fourteen all over again.

Walking down the streets of Watery Lane, you double checked that your purse was in the basket on your arm, barely paying attention to your surroundings as you walked towards the markets – Polly had sent you to go fetch her some more carrots for the broth she was making for dinner.

A small squeak left your lips when you passed an alleyway and a hand reached out to grab your elbow; pulling you into a solid chest. Your hand instinctively reached into your pocket to grab your gun, heart practically leaping into your throat as you were turned around and pushed with your back up against the brick wall.

Sighing when your eyes met familiar bright ones filled with amusement, your hand dropped as you tried to catch your breath. Bonnie. With a giggle, your boyfriend pushed his face into the crook of your neck.

"Sorry for scaring you, dove," he mumbled against your skin as your shaking hand found it's place in his raven locks – fingers carding through the soft, messy ringlets.

"You could've given me some warning, Bon."

Bonnie only snickered as he pulled away to look at you, his hands cupping your face as he spoke. "And given away the surprise? Where's the fun in that?"

"Wouldn't have been any fun if I shot you, wouldn't it?" You lightly laughed along with him, before leaning up to finally meet him in a kiss.

You hadn't seen Bonnie in almost three days, you brothers had all come back home – something about being all together incase Changretta makes a move – so you weren't able to easily sneak out to see Bonnie, especially when Ada had moved into your room.

Dropping your basket to the floor, you wrapped your arms around the back of Bonnie's neck, you pulled him impossibly closer before your lips finally met, one of his hands gripped just above your ribcage, the other running through your now messed hair.

The kiss was dizzying, so much so that when you both pulled away you had to keep your eyes closed in order to ground yourself. Bonnie gave you a peck to your forehead as he waited for you to steady your ragged breath, a soft 'wow' leaving your mouth when you reopened your eyes.