Chapter 8

Once inside the room, she quietly adjusted her laptop down on the table and started setting it up.

They had left from their own reception before everyone else, not that anyone dared questioned why. But she knew she had gotten herself in trouble, even though he had shown different sets of emotions, he was undoubtably irritated.

If it wasn't for her compliance in bed, he wouldn't have even considered her request. It bothered his own mind as to why he saught her willingness, she was his fucking wife, he could bend her over and have his way whenever he wished, and yet he wanted to have her battle with herself, he cherished the way she seethed under him, loathing everything but not denying anyways.

He settled himself down, crossing his legs across mattress, relaxing back on the bed post watching as she didn't mind changing her clothes before sitting in front of screen.

They had barely reached in time. He had driven his Porsche like a truck, slowly taking turns, waiting on empty signals, and for once following the speed limits, belieing his racer self. If it was for the normal circumstances, his car had never known what limits were, and yet today when it came to her, he drove indolently, noticing her fidgeting with fingers impatiently, knowing time was slipping like sand. As much as she had wanted to, she did not tell him to drive faster, realising the bastard did it intentionally.

She had five minutes to prepare herself for an interview she didn't even think have an opportunity to attempt. After finally settling down she was allowed in the virtual meeting, she took a deep breathe before entering. Pushing thoughts of him being in the same room and watching like a hawk at the back of her mind, she prepared for her only salvation.

You worked hard for this, you're not going to stop until it's yours

She kept repeating her mantra until the very moment.

"Welcome Tara, how are you doing today?" With the very first question that had a truly horrific answer, interview began.

She was unlike the girl he knew. He didn't hear her stuttering once. The subtle smile on her face and confidence in her voice as she explained her experience in different fields baffled him. She was way smarter than he thought she was. Her journey of receiving degree in biotechnology, challenges in academic writing, article writing, and proofreading she talked of it all. Her passion for both writing and biology had brought her to the junction of medical writing. He listened as she explained how the process of editing worked for her. She sounded impressive even from his third person view. 

As the meeting came to an end, she asked them whether they found anything during the conversation which might make her unqualified for the position. One of the senior white man with American accent intoned, "Actually there is miss Tara. Is there any reason for your rather grandiloquent attire for a corporate interview?"

Her expressions became grave only for a second before she retorted, "I apologize for the inconvenience sir, but because interview was scheduled on the same day as my wedding I found no time to dress professionally. But I can assure you in the future meetings, if I happen to join your company, would you see me both communicate and dress appropriately" she finished with a warm smile.

There was no doubt she had cracked the interview. Interviewers were no less than impressed before bidding their goodbyes. Donavan had to appreciate her confidence, regardless of how he had witnessed her trembling like a leaf, she was serious about her career. Her dedication and hardwork towards her goal only exposed her weakness that he could easily press under his foot as deemed fit. He smiled in triumph, if anything she had foolishly given her only weakness in the palm of his hand to do anything with.