The beginning of the end

He watched, not resisting when she tried to help, as her face twisted in agony after watching the bullet embedded way further in his skin. She produced a medicinal kit from under the seat, quickly unboxing it on the driver's seat.

After wiping the excess blood she slowly pushed the forcep in his skin, getting a good grasp on the metal. As she slowly pulled it out, her eyes matched his, witnessing as he didn't so much as flinched, his eyes solely focused on her, in pursuit of discovering even a glimpse of love they had shared.

"Was all that a lie?" He whispered, his ragged breathe scanned her features, making the lose strands of her hair dance in the space between them.

Ignoring his tormenting plea, she quickly covered the open wound with a cotton pad, a little more tightly to stop the bleeding. She poured the antiseptic liquid on fresh cotton ready to tap it on his wound before his hand abruptly snaked on hers, halting her movement, forcing her to look at him.

"Was everything a fucking lie?" He whispered again, his lugubriousness suffocating.

"We lack time" she tried to wiggle her hand out of his hold that only tightened,

"Everything?" He breathlessly whispered, finally acknowledging that he had lived up to false hope, deceiving confessions.

"You were there when everything happened Mr. Frantino" she breathed, "you already know everything",

His hand still held her wrist tight.

"It's not a story I told you is it? It's things that happened to you."

When his brows furrowed, she understood that this wasnt the conversation appropriate for time,

"Look Mr. Frantino, we're already running out-"

"Do I not deserve to hear the truth from your mouth?"

"No, you don't. You have already had enough chunks of me"

"Oh I've had chunks of you??"

"YES YOU DID!! And you still have the fucking audacity to ask me the truth" her scream woke him out of the trance as if he had been asleep all along, "if you have ever Donavan, ever, looked in my eyes, you wouldn't ever ask me whether all that was a lie"

Then he let go,

allowing her to finish the job. He didn't miss the thick drop of a tear that silently collapsed out of her eye, right on his chest before trickling down on his abdomen.

She was quick in her movements, disinfecting the wound before stitching it to the best of her capabilities. He was the best patient she could ask for, compliant and silent, letting her do as she wished. When she was satisfied with her job that she had pulled impossibly faster, she sighed, yet again meeting his miserable eyes.

His heart was clenched, and somehow she felt it in her chest. Her body was exhausted, and yet he felt lying like on the bed. He watched her as she spoke, something incomprehensible in his mind, like a memorable lullaby whose only music lingered in his ears, and lyrics hid somewhere down the cub board, long forgotten. 

She leaned on him, momentarily lost, willing to eliminate the grief in his eyes that pushed her down the lane of guilt.
She felt his sharp breath sucking the air between them, seeing as the lose dress allowed the view of her bosom, increasingly tempting till she slowly descended herself in his neck, inhaling and exhaling, making him close his eyes. Her nose softly tapped his neck, skidding up on his face till it touched the tip of his nose. And then she bypassed it, letting her lips engulf his upper lip in a warm embrace as he felt intertwining of his fingers in her soft ones before pulling his hands above his head, behind the seat, limiting their activities.