Chapter 45

Author's note: I want to give you all a spoiler, and I know you'll love it. More about it at the end.
.
.
.

He had called the doctor after. Her thinning body and exhausted stature was becoming worrisome.

Everytime he would return, she would be lying down, not necessarily sleeping, just playing dead with open eyes, sometimes staring at herself in the mirror, sometimes at the wall.

He hadn't received a chance to notice before but her eating habits had taken a hit too. Her mood swings, irregular insomnia and disturbed phases could not all be justified for Dominic's death, or it could.
Donavan wasn't a man who took chances and he knew he never would, especially with her.

She forced herself to stop procrastinating. Her tiredness seemed to have no end. Every time her mind would feel fresh to walk up and get something done, her body would force her down, telling her to rest a little more than she needed to.
She sat instead. Resting her laptop on her lap.

She suppressed a yawn as it slithered up her mouth, watering her eyes, urging for a nap. After hitting send on her final email she closed the lid with a flip, sighing now that she was finally free to sleep.

Before she could rest her head back on the pillow, the familiar sensation crawled up her throat, threatening to expell all the food she had today. Instead of running to the bathroom, she stayed in her place, knowing very well the threat was only but a threat. She had been fooled by this sensation a lot of times before. She'd go running to the bathroom only to vomit air.
Eventually she became immune to it.

Her attempt at sleep quickly faltered when she heard a knock on door. She didn't respond, too tired to move a muscle and look at her guest.

She hardly moved to greet from her peripheral vision, but jolted as soon as she noticed the white coat. The same woman who had treated her dizziness last time had paid a visit once again. She wondered why the woman was called again.

Doctor sensed the confusion on Tara's face. Last time on her visit, doctor Aletti had found it hard to believe that the woman she was treating was donna herself. Never had she imagined as simplistic woman as Tara lived in frantino mansion. No frantino ever before lived less than a royalty, showing off their attitude in the littlest things around, but Tara, she seemed different, never pretending to be an important person even when she clearly was.

"Don told me you feel unwell" Dr. Aletti said, flattening the curious lines on Tara's forehead.

Tara was taken a back. She had never thought about Donavan as someone who noticed.
Did I accidentally tell him?
Tara questioned herself, not remembering any incident that involved her blabbering about her weaknesses.

"Have you lost weight?" Aletti asked in her accent, pulling stethoscope out, bringing it to Tara's chest.

"I...dont know. I am fine really. Just a bit tired."

Aletti checked Tara's pulse, asking her way more intrusive questions than she had expected. Tara tried to answer them truthfully, explaining minor inconveniences of her body.

A strange smile plastered Aletti's face, confusing Tara.
"You're fine"
Aletti concluded, tidying up her equipment. Tara knew she was fine. Donavan had taken an unnecessary step of bothering the doctor.
"I'll discuss the details with don" Aletti confirmed with a joyous smile, ready to leave.

Tara tilted her head quizzically.

Why does she have to discuss it with him?

She found everything perplexing here. If it was the question of her health, why does he need to know everything before her?

And as disturbing as the thought was, there was no room for the question here, it never made sense in the setting she was married.

She shrugged her thoughts out, knowing she would never find a time or people to put them forward.

Halfway through doctor's way the door opened when the man himself entered without the courtesy of knocking.

He didn't mind a glance at Tara ignoring her presence as if he didnt take his time to pay her a visit.

Donavan looked forward to white haired woman who spoke fluently in her Italian, greeting him in excitement. He peered at her intently, not understanding the reason for her rarely observed enthusiasm in the decades of service.

He greeted back in a single word, not in the mood of chitchat. She didn't take her time, putting forward her diagnosis that she knew would make don happier.

Both of them turned their heads to Tara
She still stood dumbfounded by the bed. She had watched their conversation with utter concentration, listening to the incomprehensible words that felt deaf to her ears, her face in the daze of bewilderment.

She hated not learning Italian every ticking second, but when she saw the lines across his cheeks lifting up to form a smile, she knew something was gravely wrong, the kind of smile he portrayed on his features can only be for one predicament.
.
.
.
Author's note: So yeahh...spoiler...ahhh...
Nothing just slap that star down there...if I get 150 votes on this chapter...I'll give the <amazing> spoiler about the end of story...also she's pregnant..damn congratulations to them ig

Happy reading!