Chapter 62

Okay read this first:
I was going to finish the whole ending before publishing it. But some of you looked verrryy eager for the update, so I am publishing only half of the chapter. In conclusion, the last chapter would be the next one.

Also, it'll again take some time for last chapter to be published, it'll get on only when we finish 100 comments on this one.

For now,

Happy reading!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He rose early. 

Despite that he hadnt found sleep all night, he felt eager to finish the job today.

At this point, he became desperate to move out of Paris as soon as he could, dearly missing the warmth of Italy. Even when he had spent most part of his life outside his home, he sought the sense of stability, as foreign as the desire was to him, he couldnt deny the perks of it. With his own little family on the wake, he felt the need to stay in one place, with them, with her.

He had already placed calls, declaring their return back home tomorrow. It was just a matter of this day that he had to wrap things up.

Just this day

He told himself, tightening his fists in anticipation. 

He headed to the shower, letting his spooned wife be herself on the bed. Standing under the cold stream of shower he let the non existent sleep wash off. His mind couldn't but digress to the naïve confession she had made last night, her soft hand that had caressed him through his turmoil but as his mind strived to dive deeper, he stopped himself. 

not today

Today he didn't want to be distracted. He had his whole life to waste on her but today was far more important to get out of the France first flight back.

He was going to hand Auclairs the girls Frantinos had stored for long time. Nicolas Auclair was as eager to close the deal and move on. Their earlier tense relations had stopped them from signing a contract, but as every obstacle came to an end, Donavan could finally close this chapter for once and for all. 

They had chosen a location far away from Frantino mansion, precisely an abandoned ruin at the off skirts of Paris. While Nicolas was going to hand over the suitcases enclosing hundred million dollars, Frantinos were going to simply hand over an address where they had held the girls. Even when the location was inside Paris, they had kept it hidden from international crime organizations, the gazes of the sharpest eagles in the flock. Even in their own city, Auclairs had little to no idea about this presumably secret place. The only way to get hold of the place was to pay Frantinos, the last option Nicolas had chosen to have his hands on the most precious business in the country.  

And as the day he had been working on for months stood at his doorstep, Donavan didn't feel ready. Something like a clock ticked in his head, as a warning of sort, only that it beeped incessantly to an extent of irritation. It started like an blur alarm tone that one think is playing in their dream but as the time passed, it became a painful reality, as if he was slowly waking up now. Its strangeness went far beyond the innocuousness of omen.

Something simply did not feel right.

It was one of the reasons why he wanted to hurriedly finish the day and leave back to Italy. He only hoped the ticking was a meaningless sound. And yet unknowingly or not, he was alert. Not that he always was, but a little more taut this time, ready to bare the brunt of anything thrown his way.