Chapter 61

Look at this something beautiful made by doraemontheraccoon

.
.
.
.
.

Did she slide it in his pocket to divert the blame?

He felt his head spinning as one after other, heavy questions heaped on one another.  He took a step back in shock, loathing himself for not figuring this out way earlier. 

Dominic Frantino was selfish, power-hungry, and a borderline monstrous man but, one thing that he certainly wasn't was stupid. He'd have buried that data six feet down if he could have, carrying it carelessly in his pocket would have been the last thing in his mind. And if Donavan's line of thought was correct, Tara's desperation to have Dominic killed could be easily explained, given her deadly plan to cage him in this inescapable trap.

It couldn't be, he kept telling himself, not believing that the innocence he had watched flourishing for so long was capable of causing disasters of this measure.

and to pocket the pen drive just on the day he attacked Tara...?

Wasn't it something far too unreal to be a coincidence? 

Horror slid in his eyes as he watched her. Questions burgeoned, answers of which he knew were as unpalatable as poison. Even in her angelic sleep and harmless stance, she looked dangerously treacherous.

If she had done this, what he so wished she hadn't, she had to be murdered. Not before being tied and tortured though. She had some serious secrets to spill, painful answers to give before she could be eliminated from the history of Frantinos. 

There was no place for a traitor in this mansion. 

And as he said it to himself, he couldn't believe he was talking about his own wife, the same woman whom he had loved so selflessly, whom he had lost himself to without a second thought. 

He took a deep breathe, calming his shooting nerves that couldn't handle the angst of repercussions. He was unsure whether he'd be able to handle these inundating feelings that endlessly oozed, compelling him into believing that his wife would not be behind it. But as far as his mind went, he could not deny the possibility. He couldn't afford the risk of this extent to revel under his nose.

He took a moment to seriously consider the circumstance as another thought built.

If she had indeed set the pen drive with the sensitive data, she must have required access to a device and the only device she had her hands on was...

His gaze immediately found her laptop bag which she had neatly kept on table. He walked to it, making sure she still slept unaware of her surroundings. Even when the AC did its job impeccably, his forehead adored the beads of sweat that had now started trickling down on his face. He didn't remember being this nervous his entire life. Slowly unzipping the bag, he removed the device out of its case, setting it on the table. He leaned forward, still standing, flipping the laptop open. He couldn't but let his gaze swiftly move back to her, finding her dead asleep.