Chapter 42

Without wasting a single moment he glued the phone to his ear. His pulse rose in a strange anticipation, he didn't have a good feeling about this.

Before he could prepare himself to hear what had already befallen,  he heard a plea, a meek and helpless one. She sounded stuck, desperately begging someone in the deadly silent room.
"No...no...please...I can't...."

He stood up with a jerk, letting the heavy chair fall back with a thud. He didnt say anything back, there wasnt a need to.

Swift as thunder he barged out the door cutting the call. He knew more than he needed to. 

She is in trouble.

Stomping through the hallway, he speedily tramped through the way to kitchen, knowing she must be somewhere on the way.

He had already activated the tracker he had set in her phone. Never had he thought he'd need to use it so soon. His heart hammered fiercely, pumping adrenalin in his throbbing veins, desperate for the blood of whoever had dared touching her. The tracker immediately buzzed to life, pointing at the room closer to the kitchen. He speculated the place to be storeroom.
He must have caught her on her way.
He walked faster.
As soon as the tracker beeped indicating that the room was meters away, he swiftly removed  the gun from behind his back. Unfastening its safety with a click. He supposed a firing position, ready for every situation that stood behind the door.
His pulse rose every second. With whatever he was trained so far, he couldn't think of anything good.  Without minding the handle he kicked the door with all his energy, half expecting it to be closed from inside. Much to his surprise, it opened swiftly, clunking on the wall behind it, revealing the scene that boiled his blood.

Her back hurt from being pushed against the wall with force. Dominic hadn't given her a chance to react, Manhandling her all the way to the room.

She didn't know how she had managed to make Donavan a call. She didn't even know what told her to carry her phone for such a short distance and yet she had, making the most thoughtful decision of her life.

She hadnt given up without resistance. The storeroom was thrown in the state of dishevel. From her trying to run around in the small room to throwing fruits and veggies in his direction she had tried everything, not surrendering before she gave her best. Finally she had gotten her hands on something useful.

She held on the neck of the wine bottle before breaking it on the rack, splashing the red liquid around the room. Before she could do something he had seized her neck, closing her breath with increasing force. He had failed to notice the remaining piece of wine bottle that she held on tightly, knowing fully well that the broken glass would do the job. But before she could thrust the glass in his neck, she saw Donavan barging through the door, finally coming for the rescue. She tried to take a deep breathe but as she failed to, it sunk how she was losing her breathe to Dominic's nails that sharply dug inside her skin, applying more pressure than necessary to kill her.

He didn't mind looking back at the intruder, tranced by her face who became faint every second.

She had put up an ugly fight. From someone so small and worthless he had never expected such a ruthless resistance. It added to his already burning rage, overriding his every logical sense that begged for him to stop. He was too low on temper to let her go with a life.
Kill her first, fuck her later.
A dark voice in his ghastly mind whispered.
A psychotic smile played on his lips at the thought. He worshiped the moment as her eyes widened with tears, watching someone behind him, somehow more worried than scared.

And then he felt the Shockwave, the shift of air, the bang that turned the room unside down, that forced the life to leave its realm. Everything looked blur but pellucid, agonisingly long but faster than light, numb but painful, alive and yet, dead. Dominic heard the hiss of his own breathe as it left his nostrils. Little did he know it was the last sound he would hear, the gasp of his own exhale, Tara the final person, his demise, the beginning of his end and everything in between.
His body limped lifelessly in its place, bleeding exactly in-between his brows.

The grip of his fingers on her neck long gone, replaced by an ugly blue mark, bearing the evidence of claws of once lived monster.

As her stricken face watched his lifeless body dropping dead at her feet, she heard her own scream.

The gaze of his spiritless eyes matched her glance, never leaving hers when he fell at her feet.
The worst of it all remained the sheer slowness of everything, the trickle of blood, the hiss of pain, the thump of knees, her defeaning scream. She cried and cried, losing her voice till her throat  clawed her insides.

The sight of his dead eyes watching her like a ghost never left, even when donavan pulled her away through the crowd of servants she had attracted with her screams, even when she was forcefully injected the sleeping medicine by an old white haired maid, even when the unconsciousness creeped on her mind, only to get pulled away in living nightmares.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: I want a thankyou for updating during my term ends.