Chapter 49

"I don't think this is me"

Tara looked in the mirror, not trusting her own reflection.

After hours of being surrounded by genius women with brushes for wands, Tara was baffled by the magic they could do. She felt no less than a canvas as their bristles artistically stroked her face.

Her mouth had already parted at her own reflection.
"I told you you'd look beautiful donna" Venetia cheered, watching her team's beautiful work of art.

Even though Tara had concluded that Venetia was not an evil woman, just a little clumsier than her liking, she still felt slightly irritated by Venetia's constant reminder of her being donna.

"My name is Tara", she muttered under her breathe, knowing very well no one would take her seriously.

"Oh we all know that, we just can't address you by it" Venetia replied, realising how unaware their donna truly was about Frantinos. It was as if she had never been in mafias before. Her simple etiquettes showed how she did not thought of herself of superior importance.

For someone who was Frantino, Tara had been an unusual mistress, denying their little acts of respect.

She prohibited everyone from calling her mam, "I am not that old" she had said, justifying that their respect was actually an insult.
As soon as she had heard one of them had missed her lunch in hurry, Tara had forced her with snacks, ensuring she ate well and enough.

Only after minutes of spending time with her, maids had physically relaxed, softly swaying as Tara played music in the background, chatting about silly things, sneakily learning ABCs of makeup. They vibed strangely faster, doing her makeup, choosing her jewelry and tolerating her weird tantrums as friends did for each other. The gigantic gap between their positions as if non existent.

Room bustled with giggles, murmurs and music, nothing less than a party that lacked drinks.

Venetia had to agree, of all the Frantinos she had came across, the donna herself was her favorite. Although her oddness was unmistakably noteworthy, she was different in her own way.

No matter for how long Donavan Frantino had accepted Tara as his wife, at heart she was anything but. Her simplicity went far beyond Frantino's liking, crashing through their foundations of standards and rules. And perhaps that was what don found most intriguing.

"It's time for you to be out there donna" Venetia declared, ordering everyone to start packing the mess they had made.

Tara immediately felt at unease. The idea of getting out of her new comfort zone felt heavy.
She had loved the ladies in her room, forgetting for hours just how carefree she could be sometimes. And now that they were about to leave, she knew she was back to the reality, the one she wished to end soon.
She peeked through the window, witnessing uncomfortable amount of luxurious cars entering their gate.
.
.
.

He had no time to flatten his professional smile as he greeted his guests.

The mansion had morphed into a royal palace, adored with golden lights, red carpets, drinks and dishes and what not. Not that Frantino mansion wasn't already a sight to behold, but today more than ever, Donavan had made sure it looked like a worthy place for the queen herself to be.

Tara.

He had missed her the whole day, his desire to storm inside their room and fuck her through the day had been unbelievably strong. Much to his dismay, time hadn't permitted him.

He knew the wait would be worth it. The nerve in his jaw pulsed impatiently, waiting for the glimpse of her.

"What's the party for?"