Chapter 55

She stumbled when he pulled her impossibly closer, pressing her body on his, knocking her breathe away.

"Why didn't you tell me about Dominic?" She felt his enraged breath as he greeted through his teeth, adding to the daunt air of night.

His hold softened when he realised he applied a little too pressure on her delicate neck. And yet his expressions remained unforgiving, hanging on her body like a sword, ready to splash through the same delicate flesh.

She remained quiet, not knowing what to say. As uncomfortable and embarrassing it became to maintain his gaze, she kept it, not cowering back.   

"ANSWER ME"

his scream reverberated in the suite, aggravating her to terribly flinch in place. Despite it's humongous size she felt the walls speedily closing up, dampening her breathe as it stuck in her throat. She watched through tears as his voice still echoed in senses, too intense to remain silent upon. 

"What would you have done?" she murmured in her faint voice, barely audible through heavy air,

"Would you have listened to what I said? Would you have let me continue those pills?" she could not restrain the helpless hiccup as it left her mouth, the horrible memories of Dominic's sinful touch inundating her senses. 

"Do you not understand the gravity of situation Tara?" The softening of his tone was sudden, but she knew the angry edge still remained. It could never be satiated with tears and cries. 

It was clear that his hostility was deep rooted, firmly understanding borders between desperation and stupidity. And for all that he knew, she would never give up in desperation. Sure she had handed over a lot for her career but jumping down the cliff could only be done by someone utterly foolish, or someone deceptively in disguise, carrying the parachute in their hidden backpack, only pretending to be ingenuous. He knew she was the foolish one, ready to do absolutely anything to avoid his wrath. 

It made him worry a little more for her, and at the same time, angrier for himself, at the image he had created in her eyes, so vicious that she had been compelled to take matters in her own hands instead of reaching out to him.

"Everything is not about you Tara...have you thought what would have happened to me? What would have happened to our baby?"

He pulled her closer, a little more warmly this time, wiping her tears, emphasising the graveness of her decisions, 

"You could have died, do you understand that? He could have raped you" 

Her gaze did not waver, knowing very well what would have happened. She had ruminated about it endless times, biting upon what could have happened if he'd would have dominated the situation, if she wouldn't have found the glass, if he would have-

"But he didn't" She muttered, giving the same answer she had given herself, that no matter what Dominic could have done, he hadn't. Grim but simple, painful but only in past.

"I want to get over it...I want to start over", her voice trembled in sincerity, tired that she had to live the past over and over again, her shivering hand rested on her shoulder soothing the ache she knew burnt underneath, "With you, with us", He watched from periphery as she touched her belly, requesting and pleading, all the same. 

She knew his bitterness wouldn't suffuse without implications on both her and her child. It didn't matter how he thought of her as long as he cared for his heir. At least with that  thought she hoped he'd be willing to look past her mistakes.

It was achingly devastating that he didn't. 

"What do you want me to do? Forget that this ever happened?" his eyes twinkled in frailty,
"Because I can't. I can't pretend you almost lost your life in a foolish attempt." his tone took a spike becoming fervently serious, "I can't pretend that you haven't lied about almost every other thing in your life and I still cant stop fucking love you, while you don't feel a flying thing for me" 

"THAT'S NOT TRUE" she yelled in pain, shedding the unstoppable stream of tears that speedily trickled down her neck. Her head shook in denial, her wobbly tone evident, "That's not true" she couldn't but tremble through her raspy voice, breaking into a sob. 

He watched her fall into pieces, as she tried to gulp the tears down controlling the shudder of her shoulders that bounced at the intensity of her emotions. He didn't stop her nor soothe her. As much as he had been wary about what was true and what not, he didn't doubt her turmoil as it dissected itself today, it was as lucid as universe, as peeled into its realness as the body was from skin.

Under the layers of pretense was this woman, shattered into confusion and tears, knowing she wanted everything wrong to be her everything right and yet, it couldn't, she knew, it never would. 

She wiped her tears from the back of her hands, irritating her already red eyes. Not meeting his gaze even as he watched her every move, 

"Then what is holding you back? Why can't you admit that you-"

"Don't say it"  Her eyes pleaded yet again, begging him to not force her into admitting exactly what he wished to hear, 

"SAY WHAT" 

This time, she didn't flinch, staring right back in his eyes, feeling nothing but pity for the man that presented his life on a silver platter. She didn't want to step on it, nor did she want to insult it, but embracing it was a consequence she knew none of them deserved. Not her, especially not him. She told herself again and again that she didn't love him to an extent that it now sounded the most blatant lie, the lie she injected in her veins when in depleted it his presence. 

He waited with bated breathe, for her to say anything in retort.

And as always when she should have, silence spoke. Louder than she ever could have, watching the nuances of his eyes as he oozed nothing but sheer hatred- for the truth she refused to accept, for the lie he could see through.

His infuriation lucidly reflected in his forest green eyes, on the verge of burning her with his gaze. It hurt to swallow her insufferable quiet stance. And when he realized there was nothing he could do to make her speak, he let her go, giving up, loosening his hold as if she was the smouldering iron rod he held on for too for long, burning himself in the process. 

"You should go back to Italy"
.
.
.
.
Author's note: tum bhi kya yaad rakhoge *hair flip*

(That was necessary because I gave an early update...? Yeah..no? Ok)