Chapter 46

She felt the plug of air stucked in her throat, clutching her breathe in a frightful embrace.
No matter how blatantly clear the truth laid, she refused to believe it.

It wasn't possible. She had been more faithful to her pills than she had been to anyone else. Scientifically there was superficially no way her pills hadn't worked. It was all but a cruel game of fate that seemed to always catch up with her.

Her face exuded hint of any colour making her paler as the truth sank deeper and deeper, sucking every ounce of life. She couldn't believe she had failed to conclude it far before doctor had. If she had known this earlier, and known before Don did, she had a speck of chance to do something about abortion but now that donavan was involved, every door of hope thudded shut on her face. He would bend backwards to make sure she wouldnt do anything to harm their baby.

Tara wanted to smack herself for not recognizing the mess earlier, but again, she couldnt blame herself. For someone who took pills for a habit, getting pregnant wasn't the last diagnosis for anything.

Even in the frightening realization of lump in her stomach, she didn't miss the glow of happiness embellished on his features. For a moment she overlooked the fact that she was in a grave situation, realising how happy her demise made him.

There was no doubt he was on cloud 9. His eyes changed colours with emotions, his adoration for her grew.
Even when there stood a third person in the room their eye contact never wavered. He listened to doctor's blabber about running more tests to confirm but still couldnt take his eyes off her. He watched her with every bit of affection he could pull from the bottom of his wretched heart.

He knew the day would come soon and yet when he stood at its doorstep he was met with new born emotions in all their rawness.
No matter how much he tried, he couldn't compose himself. His stoic walls had already crumbled to ruins, melting the second of hearing the news. Every trait he had lived up to vaporized in thin air, baring him of all the toughness he had spent years to build on himself.
His eyes memorized the moment, capturing her reaction. His delirious euphoric mind made him travel to the future far ahead. He imagined telling his children how her jaw had touched the basement when she realised she was carrying one of them in her womb.

She looked stunned, having never seen it coming, as if she found it disgraceful to have her clothes wet when she stood in rain all along.
Dr. Aletti awkwardly left with her quick instructions, noticing none of them listened, their private moment already in place. She respected it as much as she could, it was afterall their first child, the first of many to come.

It was only a second till they stayed with distance, waiting for the woman to leave. As soon as Donavan heard the closing click of the door he found himself reaching to her in fast strides, catching her off guard, taking her lips in his colliding excitement, almost tripping her backwards.
His hand briskly supported her back, holding her close as he let his affection show itself. His legs never stopped pacing, walking both of them backwards until her back touched the wall. She struggled to keep track of his lips that fervently sought more every moment. Everything happened faster than her mind could process.

His lips parted from hers, letting her have the privilege of moment. From the panting of their breaths she watched from her lashes, hesitantly moving her gaze upwards to his eyes, finding them aldready on hers.

His hand snaked around her neck, pulling her gaze further up on his face. His own breathe fanned her features, swaying small strands of hair around her face.

"Do you have any idea how happy you make me" He whispered, shifting his gaze between her eyes and lips.

She knew an answer to that. She didn't, having miniscule idea about how remotely she could access his emotions.

"I...I..." her unfinished sentence died down her throat when his lips found her again, this time slowly, letting her be the part of it as much as he always was. His lips parted only to dip in her neck, kissing all her soft spots he had learnt over the time. Her neck on its own stretched upwards, giving him more space to do his magic as her hands fisted the fabric of his shirt.

In the swift motion his hands traveled down her waist, sneaking under her dress, roaming his hands on her buttocks before pulling her upwards in his arms.  He made her legs lock behind his back, letting his cunning hands meander on her bare legs. She felt his hardness on her, pressing onto just where he wanted it to be.

His hungry lips spoke for themselves, letting her know her little week of abstinence was about to come to an end.

He had struggled to keep it in his pants. After avoiding his touch for a long time it was imminent how he was about to make up for it. Now remained no reason to keep unecessary space, not when when a part of him grew inside her.

He retracted from her neck, looking into her eyes, savoring the moment of their closeness, watching her reaction as he lowered the thin strap of her dress, moving the fabric down until his knuckles brushed against her breast. Without wasting a second he mouthed her nipple, swirling his tongue around the pebble, earning a loud moan from her. Her hands left his shirt to interwine in his hair, clutching them in grip. Her legs unintentionally tightened around his torso pulling him closer when he latched onto her other mound, fondling the other.

She had forgotten the severe predicaments of her future that laid waiting to greet her. It was astonishing how simpler it had become to push back her strongest fears under the spell of his touch.

And that's what they did to each other, making one another immune to the tragedy in the air, numbing the  deleteriousness they didn't even know was yet to come.
.
.
.
Author's note:

I am sorry I have changed my mind. Not giving you the spoiler anymore. Turns out, I really think the excitement would be ruined if I tell it to you now. Ugh now I think I used you for votes...trust me I made that decision in the heat of the moment, I did not mean to come out as fuckboy...

I am so sorry...but I am very grateful for 150 votes...I guess it's not fair to ask for votes anymore. Don't vote for this chapter. Yeah that'd be my punishment. Aahhhhh
Love you all
Happy reading!!